or Connect

Posts by gawain

I just accidentally purchased the X5 first generation for $249 at amazon.com. The 2nd generation is $349. Should I return the 1st gen and lay out an additional $100 for a 2nd generation?   My current DAP is a Cowon D2 and my Samsung Note 4 phone. My cans are Monster Miles Davis Tribute and Sony MDR-V6.   Thanks for your help.   ps. If I have to spend another $100 for gen 2, I might send the 1st gen back and buy an X3.  Thoughts?     THANKS ALL!!!!!!   Craig
Oh, sorry. The pair I have are Px-200 II
Hi, just received my PX-200s from amazon.com. Really disappointed. I find these cans one dimensional, muddy, with no sound stage. Really boring! No sparkle, no bass, nothing!   I'm comparing to my PX-100 which just bit the dust, MDR-V6, Klipsch S4, and Monster Miles Davis Tribute, and others.   Will burn in fix?  Should I return for my money or another pair (do you think I received a bad pair of cans?)     Thanks!!!!
I've broken some very nice headphones by pulling off a Comply Foam tip in order to freshen the tip with a new pair of Comply Foam tips. My latest destroyer set is Etymotic HF5. Before that I destroyed a pair of RP-HJE900s and the Kilpsch S4. How can I more safely removed a used up pair of Comply Foam tips without destroying my headphones?   Oh, and I've gone back to the Kilpsch..... wow, I love these phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ($49 at Amazon.com right...
I always ride with tunes. Gawain
Look at the deals thread and see if the Monster Miles Davis Tributes are still on sale (2/3rd off). WOW... I just love my new copy and the base is amazing. I had the scale back my J3 BSE settings from "Rock" to "Normal". Better than my Etymotic HF5, my Klipsch s4i and my Panosonic HDX900 (which are legendary.. you can't buy these anymore(the HDX900s)).   Gawain
And Kuddos to Monster!   First Etymotic. If they hadn't taken care of me I was going to post here and complain, now that they did, and went the extra mile as well, I thought I should share.   My HF5 cord to one of the earphones split near the earphone. I thought I was being too rough on it so I taped it real good and even used two part epoxy on the tape to stiffen it up where the split was. The sound was still good in both ears. About one month later the same...
Holy krap, I missed all the signs. Sorry. Glad you all are more survival minded LOL. Glad I bought on ebay!!!Gawain
Just saw the Monster Miles Davis Tribute here for $106.00 no code required. Just incase Monster ebay runs out and you want to take advantage of a great deal.   http://www.beats-by-dre-sale-store.com/monster-miles-davis-tribute-high-performance-inear-speakers-p-64.html     -Gawain     edit: crud.. I don't think these are refurbished.. and I already bought the refurbished MD at Monster's ebay store.