Posts by rodchenko

Ok, I'm going to try again. I have a pair of older senns (465s) that are so comfy but the sound just isn't all there. I got a pair of 580s that blew me away. Unfortunately, they also gave me constant headaches because they were so tight. Then tried the beyer 770s. Blech. Sorry, they look cool as all, but even with JMTs amp (or though my big amp) there were no mids. So I sold both and gave up. Now I want to try again, so... I'd like a pair of Senn 580s, they can...
Beyerdynamic 770 - 250ohm I just got these from Jan Meier for $135 and left them in the box. They're brand new, with the gold 1/4 to mini adaptor, the super-plush beyer ear pads, and their incredible sound. Selling for $110 cause I need the money desperately. PM or email me at avuroski@aol.com, first come first served! plus - if you wish, the buyer can get a built-to-order JMT penguin amp for these cans. (Otherwise, I'm just giving it back to JMT.)
johnnylexus - you're not registered to receive PMs - email me (and this goes for anyone interested) directly at avuroski@aol.com DanG, if you want to make an offer on the Beyers, I'll sell them alone if Johnny doesn't get them first
or best offer. I'm now past-broke
New Beyerdynamic 770's (the new 250 ohm version) + matched Penguin Amp (cmoy/aphered design, built by JMT to go with these cans). The cans are brilliant, incredible sound, deep, full, rich bass. The amp is, as you know, fantastically small (even smalled than an altoids tin) adorable and sounds incredible. I'm including gold interconnects and selling THE SET (only) for $210. Cost me $230, and has not been used - untouched in box. I decided I couldn't afford this...
I have a pair of Sennheiser 455's, which yes, suck compared to either the senns or the beyers. But I need the money. Maybe in a while I'll be doing better and, since their profit margin is so high, apple will reduce the new ipod to something like $200 and I'll just get that. So damn small and cute I can't stand it. Let me make one thing perfectly clear: THE BEYER 770's ROCK. Seriously. I was listening to some hip hop, drum and bass, jazz... and I was like, OH,...
Yeah, it looks good. 5 gigs of music and 10 hours playback between "charges" are is plenty good. But did you see the new iTunes 2: Built-in 10-band equalizer with 22 EQ presets. MP3 CD-burning capability — over 150 songs per disc. New Crossfader for smooth transitions between songs. Apple-engineered Sound Enhancer for richer audio playback. Burns audio CDs up to twice as fast as before. hee hee. i love macs.
I've received a lot of mail about two things: the penguin and the MD player. I don't really care about selling the MD player, to be honest. I can just return it to the store for a refund. I guess I was just putting it out there because I got a great deal and figured I'd pass it on. (I never even opened the box.) It's the MZR37SPPC and includes Sony's new PC Link (USB Cable, PCLink Converter and Mini-Mini Stereo Cable) for recording music files from the internet, has...
minidisc player - Sony MD w/PC-mp3 support and package of 10 minidiscs. (unopened) $135 for everything. Sennheiser 580's - brand new in box. $145 Beyerdynamic 770's - new 250 ohm version. brand new in box. $135 Penguin Amp - absolutely adorable made for 580/770 level impedence. just delivered last week. -PM me if interested. gold radio shack 10 ft interconnect cable. brand new. $10 Reading through the posts, and probably emulating joelongwood...
v6's without a doubt. People are starting to use the v700's more, esp. if they're younger and have to have something shiny and silver to make themselves look impressive, but most used v6. At the college radio station we used v6's, most dj's I know used v6's, I used to use v6's when I spun (god that was a while ago...)