Posts by schneller

Quote: Originally Posted by nsjong Because they do indeed sit in your ears. I would suggest you just get a pair of Super.fi 3 Studio's. I don't get it. How do they not fall out if they don't have a tight "seal" with your ear canal??? I mean a good fit servers two purposes...to isolate and to keep the damned thing in your ear. I have only had experience with earbuds and my current set of canal headphones, the EX51s/HPM-70s. I don't know...
Quote: Originally Posted by retic3nt vibes have zero isolation. So only as much isolation as plain-jane earbuds??? What is the point then? Why call them in-ear at all???
Quote: Originally Posted by LFC_SL Worth repeating this point. There's been a recent renaissance for canalphones, but it seems to me they all still use the '3 different size tips" that Sony started and everyone else followed. The EX51 appear to be the same as my old EX71s, which in turn doesn't fit differently to my current Panasonic HJE50s. If you're happy with the isolation of your EX51s, I can't imagine whatever you go with will be a problem. Maybe...
Quote: Originally Posted by lukealexander I am eagerly awaiting getting them to review As long as you so say they provide "as good" or "nearly as good" isolation as the HPM-70s, I think I am going to jump on them. I like their design. I like the normal "Y" cord instead of the "J" design. I like that it comes with a clip to wind/hide excess wiring. Just seems like a well-thought-out package!
Quote: Originally Posted by lukealexander I own HPM-70 & EX51 and am getting Vibes to replace them. When I ordered, I was under the impression the isolation was comparable to those two headphones, but I will let you know when I get them (maybe Friday/Saturday/Monday). Yes, and you know I am EAGERLY waiting your review.
I am new to these in-ear headphones (in-ear-monitors?). Perhaps I don't know the different variations. I was under the impression that all canal headphones were something you stuck up into the ear canal and therefore had to offer good isolation. I don't see how the 220s/Vibes do not offer good isolation.
I am still trying to upgrade from the Sony EX51s (Sony Ericsson HPM-70 to be exact). I think I have narroved my decision to the Sennheiser CX300s and V-MODA Vibes, though I am now reading about the JBL 220s as well. I live in Washington DC and use my music most during my commute which involves walking both quiet and busy streets (Conn Ave.) and going into the subway and riding the Metro. My current Sony EX51s offer in my opinion pretty good isolation and allow...
Lukealexander has the HPM-70s, EX51s, and CX400s, and is awaiting the arrival of this V-Moda Vibes. I am eagerly awaiting his comments on isolation as compared to the HPM-70s as well as tonal quality. I probably won't make a final decision until I hear from him.
Quote: Originally Posted by lukealexander I use HPM-70, and have a pair of Vibes on order. My requirements were the same as yours in every respect. I was told a couple of times the Vibes isolate to about the same degree as the HPM-70, but a lot less than "normal" IEM's. There is a lot to be said for the benefits of the more open design - aside from sound quality, the ability to hear on busy city streets could save your life. Anyway, this isn't a...
Quote: Originally Posted by swagga If isolation is not your main concern, go with the JBL Reference 220's, they isolate just enough for you to enjoy your music, they are $80 at Staples, and come with a excellent case. The sound is also excellent. They are more balanced than the CX-300, with nice midrange and treble detail. I use my phones on busy streets and subways. I do need really good isolation, equal or better to my current HPM-70s/Sony EX51s.