Posts by schneller

Quote: Originally Posted by b00tang Schneller you already know I'm in the same boat as you are from our talking on the SE howard forums (http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...16#post8729116) It sounds like there are a decent number of people like us trying to upgrade from our "1 step better than ipod buds" sonys to some IEM/canalphones in the $100 range. I'm going to try to pick up some Red Roxx tonight, break them in, and then put up some first...
Quote: Originally Posted by shudder hmm, I got the sense that some ppl liked them better than the super.fi 3. Although there are different revisions of the super.fi 3, and it's just hearsay anyhow! IIRC, the metro.fi 2 is more bassy and less balanced, so I suppose it depends on what you want. I think I prefer balance.
Quote: Originally Posted by shudder Is there any reason you're not looking at the UE Metro.fi 2s? ~$80 Because they seem to be a downgrade from the Super.fi 3s that cost the same?
Quote: Originally Posted by facelvega All of the options you list in the thread title have dynamic drivers. Essentially the big realization of the last year was that it's a lot easier to make dynamic canalphones sound better if you make them open-backed (but thus at the same time give up the isolation). Personally, I've never heard the JBL or AT options, but I can tell you that the day after I got my pre-production Vibes, I gave away my ep-630. For me, the...
Quote: Originally Posted by warrior05 i have the CX300s, 220s and Vibes. all tips are interchangeable. you want isolation? the 220s and Vibes are out IMO. CX300s do isolate better but aren't as good SQ-wise as the 220s and Vibes. i ordered the new Denon canalphone - C350K. hope to have them tuesday. keep an eye out for a review. Cool. I just don't get it. If the tips are the same, how can isolation be different? Can someone post a...
Now I know at least one of the million Vibes fans can answer the question about the tips. Are they like the EX51s or not?
Okay, I am at wit's end here! I do not have an "audiophile" store nearby where I can "test drive" all of these canal earphones. I am in desperate need of commentary from current owners! What do I need? Canal earphones that cost $100 or less that isolate at least as well as my frame of reference and sound MUCH better than my frame of reference. My frame of reference is the SonyEricsson HPM-70 which are rebranded Sony EX51. I am COMFORTABLE with these tips: Tips...
Quote: Originally Posted by leqin Well my ever so recently RMA'd UE's self destructed yet again - the socket that the cable plugs into went ping while it was in my ear leaving me with a gawky looking unit in one lug hole and the cable swinging about in mid air - they sound great when they work, but quite honestly I am loath to recommend any headphones produced by UE, even with their first rate customer service because it seems to be one fault after...
The debate basically comes down to isolation. Which offers better isolation (thus allowing me to listen at lower volumes), the Vibes or the Super.fi 3s? Again, my isolation frame of reference is the Sony EX51/HPM-70.
Quote: Originally Posted by Capital R I got mine price matched at Guitar Center for $72. You can also get them from: http://www.earphonesolutions.com/uleasuea.html for a bit less than that. With isloation in consideration, and for the price, I think that the super.fi 3's and the ALtec Lansing IM616's will be your best bet. IM616 here. I don't like the tips on the AL 616/716. Coming from the Sony EX51s, would the upgrade to the Super.fi 3s...