Posts by schneller

Quote: Originally Posted by valkolton Yup, Apple.com and in-store exclusive for now... if you are international you can order from shop.v-moda.com How soon will I be able to walk to the Washington, DC Apple Store and demo some Vibes? Though I don't know if that will ever be possible for health reasons.
Quote: Originally Posted by b00tang valkolton I'll see what I can do about scoring a picture of the display if it looks fancy. I have to admit, after all, that your presence on these forums is probably one of the biggest reasons I feel confident picking up the vibes. I usually spend a long time on forums researching before I buy anything... any company that has the insight (and even the confidence/balls) to be represented on a forum as critical as this...
Quote: Originally Posted by valkolton lol - I'm a guy! My full name is Valentino (not Valerie or Valentina), I think there is a pic on the website though. Doh! Sorry. I'll put my foot in my mouth now
As long as you're taking color requests, why not my favorite color, the color I call "Naxos blue" or the color of the Aegean Sea:
Val: you seem like an amazing woman. Mind posting some pics? :P
Quote: Originally Posted by valkolton bootang - if you do could you PLEASE take a picture of the Red Roxx in 5th Ave store. Apple is putting them in a special acrylic case with a V-MODA sign starting today-Tuesday in all stores for Valentine's day, and I'd love to see it in the case at their flagship NYC store since I cannot make it. -val I am sure you would like the added revenue, but are you willing to allow your headphones to become as...
Quote: Originally Posted by b00tang Schneller you already know I'm in the same boat as you are from our talking on the SE howard forums (http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...16#post8729116) It sounds like there are a decent number of people like us trying to upgrade from our "1 step better than ipod buds" sonys to some IEM/canalphones in the $100 range. I'm going to try to pick up some Red Roxx tonight, break them in, and then put up some first...
Quote: Originally Posted by shudder hmm, I got the sense that some ppl liked them better than the super.fi 3. Although there are different revisions of the super.fi 3, and it's just hearsay anyhow! IIRC, the metro.fi 2 is more bassy and less balanced, so I suppose it depends on what you want. I think I prefer balance.
Quote: Originally Posted by shudder Is there any reason you're not looking at the UE Metro.fi 2s? ~$80 Because they seem to be a downgrade from the Super.fi 3s that cost the same?
Quote: Originally Posted by facelvega All of the options you list in the thread title have dynamic drivers. Essentially the big realization of the last year was that it's a lot easier to make dynamic canalphones sound better if you make them open-backed (but thus at the same time give up the isolation). Personally, I've never heard the JBL or AT options, but I can tell you that the day after I got my pre-production Vibes, I gave away my ep-630. For me, the...