Posts by schneller

I have always enjoyed Audio-Technica sound. I currently am using an older pair of ATH-CKM500s after my last IM70s died after a few months of use. Unfortunately, I have come to doubt ATH quality AND I have come to the conclusion that I do NOT like over-the-ear IEMs.    What models, ATH or other brand, should I be looking at in the $150 or lower price range that are slimmer, more traditional under-the-ear IEMs?    Source for me is my cellphone (LG G4, maybe V20 soon)...
Has there been a date set for this yet by chance? The weekend of Dec 3/4 would not work for me but otherwise free the two weekends afterwards.
Anyone using Intona with a Schiit Modi2 MB by chance?
I have the same Furman power strip. I'm curious about no one using a USB cleaner / U2S or similar device. Thanks for the replies.
Is anyone using a USB cleaner (Intona, Regen, U2S, etc.) with their Modi2 MB? If yes, which one? Similarly, is anyone using power filtering? If so, which brand? Is anyone using semi-exotic USB cables? If so, which ones?
"Analytical" to me in audio terms translates to detailed, revealing, yet sibilant, harsh, and fatiguing. The Yiggy is perhaps a paradox because it is the former without being the latter.
Well, first all the credit goes to @sheldaze for organizing a local meet along with @Barry S (who was sadly not there and whose presence was missed by several). Sheldon never ceases to amaze me with his passion for our hobby. He is meticulous with his equipment and is ever gracious to attendees to allow them to play with his toys. He is calm and patient and helpful. A true gentleman without whom communities like this simply would not thrive.    Sheldon is famous among...
So I had a chance to A/B Modi2 MB and Yiggy. If anyone wants to know my impressions then I'll post them here.
I guess I find myself still wishing Schiit would make a Yiggy Lite: a Yiggy without balanced outputs with improved USB and power input filtering but the size/footprint of a Metrum Musette / NAIM V1. For the price of a 2Qute. And with a choice of silver or black
Crickets. Hard to believe really. Oh well hopefully I get to hear all three this weekend...