Posts by schneller

These appear to be reviews of the UD-301 written in an Asian-Pacific language. Can anyone translate?   http://review.kakaku.com/review/K0000619722/#tab
Bump for more comments.   I don't need balanced outputs.   Bifrost Uber USB2 vs. Gungnir USB2.   What does the ca. $300 difference buy me? Thanks.
Why are you downgrading? Did you get rid of the Meridian? It sounds like you can't get it back???   Try out the $750 TEAC US-501 if you want to play with DSD.   If you are playing with side-grade products, also try the Arcam irDAC and Schiit Gungnir USB2.
No sonic impressions of the HA-1 yet?   Would love to read a comparison between it and the NAIM V1 :)
I do!   Is that the Concero HD?   My top contenders to compare to the Direct DAC ($700) include the Arcam irDAC ($700), TEAC UD-501 ($750), and Schiit Gungnir USB2 ($850).
Has anyone auditioned the irDAC against the Schiit Gungnir USB2 by chance?
By chance has anyone compared the Schiit Gungnir USB2 ($850) to the Arcam irDAC ($700)?
When I auditioned the Meridian Direct at the dealer, I brought my Sony Vaio laptop (3-years-old, USB2 ports) and had zero problems. Bringing the DAC home, I am having issues with my HTPC and its Intel Z87 USB3 ports. And now looking at the Meridian website, this appears to be a known issue that I seemed to have overlooked. So while I am using the DAC via its optical input, I am hoping Meridian releases a new driver soon to support USB3 under Windows.
My Meridian (arriving Saturday) will be connected to a HTPC. I have powered USB3 ports (can charge when the PC is off) and USB2 ports (don't charge when off). Which to use?
Strange that such a swap has such an impact.   I wonder how Apple's USB implementation differs between the two?