or Connect

Posts by schneller

I am considering the same three IEMs and have yet to make a decision.
So, how does everyone here rank these three overall in terms of SQ? (Listed below by price, from lowest to highest.) Super.fi 5 Super.fi 5 PRO SA6
Both are close to $200. For the life of me I can't decide between the two. Which is better in terms of... Isolation Comfort Highs Mids Lows Soundstage I know some of these are of extreme personal preference. I will be using my IEMs with a SanDisk Sansa (no amp). I commute on a noisy train, so isolation AND comfort are important. I want to hear very little beyond the phones, yet not feel them in my ears. But I also want "airy" phones. Something with a...
I am in a similar situation. I think it's coming down to the SA6s or UE Super.fi 5 Pros.
I am really considering buying a pair myself. I currently own the ATH-CK7s. I don't want to spend more than $200. I am also looking at... UE Super.fi 5s ($150) Jays Q-Jays ($180) UE Super.fi 5 Pros ($190)
Quote: Originally Posted by maverick777 Thanks. That was my first review of the SA6's since I got them. The SA6's have been discussed thoroughly here so I didn't feel it was necessary for me to start my own thread about them. It was reading the SA6 thread that convinced me to buy them over the Q-Jays and UM2's. IEM's in this range are all "flawed" in some way. You just have to pick one that fits the music you listen to. The only way to have...
maverick777: Thanks for the thorough review! I am looking at spending $200 on new IEMs and the SA6s are looking more tempting.
I would throw the ATH-CK7s in there as another choice in the sub $100 range.
How do the SA6s stack up against the UE Super.fi 5 Pros and Jays Q-Jays? I keep searching for the best $200 IEM, and I keep coming back to the Super.fi 5 Pros. They do get a lot of praise, but I wonder if they are rapidly become outdated by better competition.
Nice review, but I would like a good comparison with the Super.fi 5 Pros (which only cost some $40 more).