Posts by schneller

Quote: Originally Posted by kojebee I moved from CK7 to Etymotic ER4 using comply tips and didn't regret it. I loved the CK7 but they didn't stay in my ears well enough. Now I've read that the comply T400 tips fit them, so now 'regret' selling the CK7. They would have been good back ups. Nowadays, I'm using an Ipod / Meier amp / Sleek Audio combination. I still use the Etymotics with my Meizu MP3 player where I think there is a great synergy. The more I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shauntell47 it depends what you consider bright? are the CK7s bright to you? if they're not, then i would go either with the q-jays or etymotic er-4... No, I don't think the CK7s are bright at all. How deep does one have to insert the Q-Jays?
Definitely not bright. But I still want some highs. I probably prefer more neutral to warm sound. Again, I want some bass too but I am not a bass head.
Morning bump!
Any suggestions? What am I looking for? -$200 or less. -I need really good isolation. They need to be like earplugs. -I don't know if I am a huge fan of in-ear-monitors (prefer isolating buds like the CK7s). I don't want to insert anything deep into my ear canals. -I listen to a lot of techno/trance. -I like a really strong mid-range but also like decent highs and lows. -I prefer really well-rounded phones/versatile. -I'm not a bass head. I like bass but my...
Well, I wonder just how much better the CK9s sound over the CK7s which I already own...
I too would like to know...
My guess is to try eBay? Amazon?
My $10 Universal Eartip Kit from UltimateEars arrivd today and did they sure breathe new life into my CK7s. They sound as good as when I first got them. I just didn't know that the included tips would deteriorate over time and thus affect isolation and sound quality. The UE tips are much better than the original ATH tips IMO. Glad I spent the $10 now instead of jumping on a $200 set of new phones, though I am sure I will do that in a year or so. Still very pleased with the...
No more techno/trance lovers who own one, some, or all of these who can compare? Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Jays Q-Jays Denon ATH-C700K Future Sonics Atrio M5/M8