or Connect

Posts by schneller

Quote: Originally Posted by giga Apple In-Ear Headphones hands-on, ears-on, and impressions - Engadget Imagine our surprise, then, at the discovery that they not only sound really, really good (warm lows and crisp highs, a distinct lack of that modern, pushy mid-range), but they do work with the iPhone (the 3G we've got here, at least). Regular playback is a charm, and we had no problem making and receiving calls with the buds and attached mic -- though...
As I said, I like trance. Female vocal trance to be exact. ATB is an example. I like strong mids, decent bass, some highs...but nothing fatiguing. I want something also more on the accurate/neutral side. I want open cans. I want something so comfortable that I forget they are there. And finally, I just want a solid/high value product for under $200 USD. (It will be un-amped, used on a PC.)
I just wish I had a better description of the types of sound these brands product. Sennheiser vs. Audio Technica vs. Grado vs. Beyerdynamic I just dunno.
So I'm still considering... HD595 AD700/AD900 SR225 What else should be there around $200 I wonder?
Quote: Originally Posted by elliot42 There's a pair of AD900 here for $175: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/fs...-sr225-367025/ They've been up in the FS forum for too long, they're great cans. I haven't heard the AD700 so can't compare. I would say that the mids are slightly forward, but in general I find they have a pretty well rounded sound, good for a lot of different music. I enjoy them most with Daft Punk, classical, jazz, vocals, and anything...
Actually, I prefer open and don't really want an amp... Anything from Beyerdynamic I should consider? DT 860 2007? DT 770?
Quote: Originally Posted by 1Time FWIR, unamped, and < $200, I'd probably buy a Sennheiser HD25-1 II or Ultrasone HFI580. They are closed cans, correct?
Quote: Originally Posted by 1Time FWIR, I wouldn't choose either for trance. What would you choose?
ATH-AD700 Price: $105 @ Amazon Rating: 4.5/5.0 with 16 Reviews ATH-AD900 Price: $280 @ Amazon Rating: 4.5/5.0 with 5 Reviews Can anyone tell me the pros/cons of each? What does the extra $175 for the AD900s buy you? Are the AD900s worth the 267% premium? Is there something better for around $200 I could get? Thanks. (These would used un-amped on a computer with a SB X-Fi soundcard, mostly for music and some movies and gaming. Music = A lot of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lupine The offer was too good to pass up, so I pulled the trigger on the X-5's just before the sale ended. I've received an order acknowledgment, but nothing on a shipping date yet. Exact same situation with me. Though I am still watching the IE8 thread.