Posts by schneller

This is OT, but what does going from standard Sansa software to Rock Box do to the sound on a traditional mp3? I use an e260 v2.
Quote: Originally Posted by dfkt As for 7.), read here what Phonak's engineer mailed me. Thanks for the link. I suppose I could order some Comply "L" tips from them and see what those are like. The supplied "M" tips just barely cut it for me. Actually, they are perfect for my left ear but too small for my right.
Quote: Originally Posted by dfkt I know for sure they are... Cool! Well, if they want me to submit my resume...I've always wanted to live in Switzerland I do speak German...currently work for a German "entity" in Washington. I have a BS from a leading, top-tier engineering university in the USA. Majored in Management with an emphasis on Operations and Marking with a minor in German. I also have work experience in the marketing/e-business...
Anyone else think Phonak may be following this thread? I bet they are. If so, I would like to make a few suggestions for the v2 version: 1) Make the bass a little more colorful with some more reverberation/exaggeration. 2) Consider integrating the ear guides better like the IE8/Klipsch Custom-3. 3) Include fewer silicon tips and offer larger Complys and/or perhaps even some Shure medium Olives instead. 4) Continue to keep the price low, around $150 USD or less. 5)...
I really would hope that the IE8s sound much better as they are over 2x the price (in the USA). I am personally shocked the PAs are winning these comparisons...never would have thought that when I bought them. They just seemed like a really good value to me at under $150. As someone said earlier, perhaps the PAs are really good analytical phones while the IE8s are the "king" fun phones?
How do the PAs and NE-7s compare in the highs?
The Phonaks are cheaper and are regarded to be better.
Quote: Originally Posted by |Fred I beg to differ, the phonak really need to be plugged to some thing that can deliver, I can't get enjoyable volume on my NWZS639F, I need to max volume on my Archos etc. So if you are street walking , better be warned. Bass is pretty true, I like it, but definitively not everyone cup of tea, there lack of colouration feels really dull if you are use to ATH-ESW9, UE , UM2 kind of bass. Medium with black filter, is...
The supplied Comply tips are much better for me than the supplied Silicon tips, but neither are as good as the Shure Olives.
Quote: Originally Posted by tstarn06 Well, I returned from some "field testing" today on a noisy train, and the Phonaks, without an amp, flunked that test. I didn't bring an amp, and after realizing they were not loud enough to provide isolation (I had the stock Complys on them, with both the Clip and the Zune80), I switched to the Westones and all was well. That is not to say I am no longer a fan. But I realized they need an amp in a noisy environment, at...