Posts by schneller

Quote: Originally Posted by B[van] Haha I did listen with the SA6, but I couldn't give it a proper test because the dual flanges got stuck in my ears and that somehow 'nerfed' the sound. Added to the fact of the general fill, I just gave up auditioning it. How on earth did you side against the TF10s? Too expensive? I guess the decision still comes down to SA6 vs. SF5Pro.
Quote: Originally Posted by B[van] Haha I actually went from sfi3 to CK7 before going for the SF5Ps. Like I said, I didn't get to fiddle with the treble and bass ports of the SA6 and the fact that it felt brittle in my rather large pair of hands made me drop the idea of owning one. I decided to try the SF5Ps, Qjays and the TF10 but I prefer the SF5Ps instead. And I'm not regretting it So you handled (but did not audition the SA6s) but did...
Quote: Originally Posted by B[van] Hmm I'm interested in knowing the difference between the CK7 and the SA6 as well since I didn't manage to give the SA6 a proper audition when I was planning my upgrade. Got the Superfi.5 pro instead. You upgraded from the CK7s? Why did you choose the SF5Ps over the SA6s? Are you happy with the upgrade?
Quote: Originally Posted by pseudohippy Im actually using the Sures alot more these days since Ive been listening to more pop hip hop type music. I get on these funny kicks and its not usually pop music but thats what it is these days. I like the bass of the sure with that music. Ill be using the Sleeks alot more though since Ill be ordering the W-1 wireless kit in the next few days. No more catching the cable while jogging on the treadmill is what Im...
Quote: Originally Posted by pseudohippy I think the SA6 can handle normal abuse when in ear. The problem comes in when not wearing them. I always put them in a hard case. I think you are really risking breaking them if you just shove them in a pocket. First hand I know Sure olives, comply, jays tips all fit. Jays fit the worst but those are the ones I use. I cant answer either quiestions 1 or 2 though. Thanks, hippy! Mucho help! What is your...
Quote: Originally Posted by Duffy1207 I also broke my CK7's yesterday, pi$$ed me right off, stuck with either the left channel of my audio technicas of some old knackered horrible cx300's that sound to times muddier than when they were new. I'm also considering SA's, and also super fi 5/pro. I guess for me personally, it comes down to the SA6, Q-Jays, or SF5Pros. I am leaning strongly towards the SA6. But in term of buying for my GF, the...
I guess my question is, are all the tips listed here are compatible with the SA6s?
So perhaps I did a stupid thing this morning. I used rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip to clean the filters on my ATH-CK7s. Well, a few minutes later, I put them on and noticed that I had very little sound coming from the left driver. So, I am afraid I nuked them. I have been looking to upgrade for a long time, so I guess now is the time. I think I am pretty much settled on the Sleek SA6s, but I have a few questions... 1) How does the sound of the SA6 compare to that of the...
Morning bump!
I listen to a lot of trance. Heard of DJ GT? Voices of Trance series? I like a lot of female vocal trance as well, stuff from Tiesto, PVD, etc. Not to say that is all I listen to. I also listen to soundtrack scores, classic rock, etc. But for this (trance) genre, which of these do people recommend? UE Super.fi 5 UE Super.fi 5 Pros Jays Q-Jays Sleek SA6 Edit: Any other "stars" I am missing in the $200 range?