Posts by schneller

My HD497s are open...and I like them that way. I do sometimes need to hear what's going on...as I live alone in my apartment...but that also means, other than the fridge, there is little noise. My PC is pretty darn quiet.
That is correct...but that doesn't mean they're worse...
Here you go...
They are not a replacement...just an addition to the line. Not too many reviews out there, but someone here got them and claimed them superior to the 5 Pros. Just do a search...
What exactly are the pros/cons of open vs. closed?
Wow, there seems to be a consensus here...
$300 is already on the high side of what I want to pay...
No, no. I am actually looking to get full-sized cans AND new IEMs. I thought the UM2s were the end-all, be-all of IEMs at $250, so I was wondering what full-sized cans correspond to those.
I currently own the HD-497s...I like them...they are amazingly comfortable...I just want the next step...also something with one cable (on one side). I know the HD 600s and HD 650s are loved here. I am also strongly considering the HS 595s. I notice you have the UM2s... UM2 = ??? in terms of full-sized cans?
Hooked up to a computer / SB X-Fi. Suggestions? I listed to a lot of female vocal trance. PVD Tiesto ATB DJ GT etc. But also game, listen to soundtracks, rock from time to time, etc. Edit: They should be supremely comfortable...like I don't know they're even on my head. And I am woeful of overly bright highs causing fatigue.