or Connect

Posts by schneller

I had the chance to audition the BMB, GMB, and YGB about a week ago. The B and G were both SE. Otherwise similar source and setup all around. I found the differences between the B and G to be less discernable esp. given the price difference. But the YGB was a revelation to my ears. Loved it. So if your needs are just SE, either go for the best value DAC around arguably with the BMB or go big and go home with the Yiggy and never worry about a DAC purchase for a while.
I too want to thank @sheldaze for coordinating this and for his hospitality and eagerness to expose us all to great HeadFi.   I just brought my lowly ATH-CKM55 IEMs to the meet. Like bringing a knife to a gun fight. They were enough to ascertain significant differences in the DACs I wanted to audition.    It was my first time seeing any Schiit products! It was indeed a Schiit Show: Bimby, Gumby, Yiggy, and even Fulla!    The Yiggy is indeed astounding even at first...
 Yes, but the value equation is always tricky. Does the GMB buy 75% of the Yggy for $1K less? 25%? 90%? 50%?  And then enter the Mojo for $600. How does it stack up?
Where does it take place?
I am looking for consensus among those who have extensive listening time with the BMB and GMB, especially with RCA (SE) output only. Which do they prefer? Cost is not an issue. XLR/balanced output not an issue.
It's almost as if you're saying musical vs analytical? BMB vs. GMB.
So RCA only: BMB vs. GMB? Who wins?
Bump for more replies.   I prefer the footprint of the BMB over the GMB but spending the $$$ on the BMB is not an issue. So how do they compare, RCA vs. RCA? 
I just wish one or a few people would to an extensive comparison of BMB vs GMB, RCA only. Price is not my concern. I don't need XLR and prefer the BMB footprint. BMB vs. 2Qute may be more accurate for me. I'm willing to spend $1800 for the latter.
How should I spend my money: GMB vs. BMB, RCA only? No need for XLR.   Have you heard the Chord 2Qute? Compare to winner of above?