Posts by schneller

Which is more musical?   Gungnir or X-Sabre?
Wish I knew how well the Gungnir would pair with a musical integrated amp with PRaT from NAIM.
What are the selling points of the Rag...and the Yggdrasil? Over the Gungnir for example?
What is R2R and what DACs does Schiit have in the pipeline?
SABRE. Avoid? Why? Most DACs use SABRE chips.   Speaking of SABRE, how long until you get your hands on an Oppo HA-1?
Has anyone else compared the irDAC to the Schiit Gungnir with USB Gen2? They retails for $700 and $850, respectively, so worth cross-shopping.   The Arcam won WhatHifi's 2013 Award for Best DAC under 500 BPS.   (Their other winners were the AudioLab M-Dac, Chord Chordette QuteHD, and NAIM DAC V1.)
Have any of your Gungnir owners compared it against the ARCAM irDAC? Given their similarity and rave reviews of the latter (by WhatHiFi) I find myself cross-shopping them.
Though I think I have read many people here who have upgraded away from Oppo in terms of DAC performance, yes?
Yeah this will fly off shelves if it sounds good and costs less than their BDP-105 player.
Called the Headphone Amplifier HA-1, this attractive little unit makes use of the same 9018 ESS Sabre DAC as their BDP-105 player, and features a fully balanced, class-A headphone amplifier. Both XLR and standard full-size headphone outputs are provided on the front while your choice of XLR or RCA analog inputs are provided around back. Digital inputs include one AES/EBU, one coax, one optical, and one USB. The circuitry is said to be fully balanced, and is housed inside...