or Connect

Posts by schneller

Rumor has it that prototype Bifrost Multibit units are in the wild, so I bet someone here has heard it. But perhaps is under NDA?   I'm interested as 1) I have no use for balanced output, 2) prefer the smaller form factor, and 3) prefer the lower price too!    Rumor of course also has it, but it has been denied, that Schiit made the RCA outputs on the GMB worse somehow than the balanced outputs. This comment is coming from just about every forum I read. Using RCA...
Did anyone cross shop with the Audio-GD 19 (10 Anniv. Ed.)?    I've asked over there and of course they prefer it...and say the RCA inputs aren't...hampered... 
 Please do. Would like more GMB vs. 2Qute comparisons.
I appreciate the review, Stillhart. At around $300 cheaper than the GMB, this should be a no brainer. I would gladly pay more for Made in USA but Schiit screwed themselves by gimping the SE RCA outputs of the GMB, which I need. This may be the deciding factor since SQ is similar.
Does the GD 19/10th Ed. benefit much from a host of "add-ons" like the Regen, Jitterbug, etc.?    Preferably not...   If such add-ons benefit the SQ, it seems to point out deficiencies in the DAC. The DAC should be as good without all the extras.
Does anyone use the GMB with SE/RCA output to an integrated amp/preamp? 
Does Audio-GD have a trial period? Return period for refund? Or is S&H back to China cost-prohibitive? 
The balanced outputs of the GMB are irrelevant to me.    So my question comes down to RCA outputs of GMB vs. Audio-GB 19/10th Ed. ??? 
My source is an LG G4...not the greatest. May add a Chord Hugo into the mix sometime.   I am a big fan of Audio-Technica sound. BUT long-tern build quality leaves something to be desired. My IM70 died within a few months. I also don't really like over-the-ear IEMs.   Since the IM70 has been dead, I've been using my older CKM500 but the chord is irritatingly short.    The ATH-CKR9 is currently an option I am considering.   Any other suggestions in $100 price range?...
This DAC has received universal praise. Why did they quit making it? Have they made a successor product?