Posts by schneller

How long until you can add the Yulong DA-8 to your list?
More comments from the same person, Schiit vs. Meridian...   Make no mistake the Gungir was very good but it became a little too digital sounding over extended period of listening. It really lacked the oomph. For my money the BiFrost came in second, its half the price but had all the characteristics of the Gungir but sounded a little more analogue. I was sceptical about the Director as well, there are a lot of reviews on the meridian site and the Director does hold its...
Interesting comment about the Gungnir from a different forum. Goes against just about everything I've read about it.   I demoed the Rega DAC, Bifrost, Gugnir, Merdian Director and the Musical Fidelity M1 Dac on Friday and it finally came down to the BiFrost and the Meridian Director. I finally went with the Meridian Director. I was auditioning with SuperUniti as the Preamp and 250 as the poweramp.   I found the Gungir very detailed, open and revealing compared to the...
Which is more musical?   Gungnir or X-Sabre?
Wish I knew how well the Gungnir would pair with a musical integrated amp with PRaT from NAIM.
What are the selling points of the Rag...and the Yggdrasil? Over the Gungnir for example?
What is R2R and what DACs does Schiit have in the pipeline?
SABRE. Avoid? Why? Most DACs use SABRE chips.   Speaking of SABRE, how long until you get your hands on an Oppo HA-1?
Has anyone else compared the irDAC to the Schiit Gungnir with USB Gen2? They retails for $700 and $850, respectively, so worth cross-shopping.   The Arcam won WhatHifi's 2013 Award for Best DAC under 500 BPS.   (Their other winners were the AudioLab M-Dac, Chord Chordette QuteHD, and NAIM DAC V1.)
Have any of your Gungnir owners compared it against the ARCAM irDAC? Given their similarity and rave reviews of the latter (by WhatHiFi) I find myself cross-shopping them.