or Connect

Posts by schneller

So what would be the best option for someone who can output using SE only RCA to a NAIM SuperNait2?     Option 1: BMB ($600) fed by a Audiophilleo 1 MkII SE ($600) = $1200 Option 2: Chord 2Qute = $1800 Option 3: GMB ($1250) fed by a Audiophilleo 1 MkII SE ($600) = $1850 Option 4: Yiggy = $2100
Is a Yiggy worth it if I can't take advantage of the balanced outputs? SE RCA only...
The DAC I want NAIM to build would be...   -Size/Footprint of the V1 -Remove the pre-amp/volume control of the V1 -Keep the DIN output of the V1 -Add the external PS input of the nDAC. -Sprinkle in a few technical upgrades for 2015/2016 -Still cost no more than the V1   (Essentially a cheaper nDAC with the footprint of the V1 and USB input.) 
I would appreciate more GMB vs. Yiggy comparisons (using SE output if possible) from those who own both.   As someone who only needs SE output, I am torn between going for the value option (BMB) or go all out on an amazing DAC (Yiggy). Those for the same price of the latter, the updated NAIM DAC V1 is getting more praise.
I am greatly intrigued by your comment as someone who only needs SE output. Anyone want to support or refute? 
Just go check out the NAIM Audio Forum and you'll meet a BUNCH of Hugo fans ;)   The V1 is over-priced and outdated. I'm not sure I'd take it if you gave it to me, and I am a NAIM fan.    The Yiggy is better for about $300 less (new). 
I don't need the balanced outputs. My NAIM amp accepts DIN or RCA interconnects. Too bad Schiit doesn't let you replace the XLR with DIN as an option... Barring that would anyone be interested in a hypothetical Schiit product that is the Yiggy minus the balanced XLR outputs in a half-height / smaller footprint case for say $1750-1850? I'd buy it.
I auditioned the GMB and BMB (and Yiggy) and found the BMB vs. GMB differences to be slight (SE output only).Have you compared the BMB ($600) to the 2Qute ($1800)? I personally think if you are willing to spend $1800 on the 2Qute then what is an additional $300 for the Yiggy at $2099? I was blown away by the Yiggy. It seems like everyone is. As I said before, I think the decision for most should be easy: either the best value DAC in the industry (BMB) or the best DAC...
I had the chance to audition the BMB, GMB, and YGB about a week ago. The B and G were both SE. Otherwise similar source and setup all around. I found the differences between the B and G to be less discernable esp. given the price difference. But the YGB was a revelation to my ears. Loved it. So if your needs are just SE, either go for the best value DAC around arguably with the BMB or go big and go home with the Yiggy and never worry about a DAC purchase for a while.
I too want to thank @sheldaze for coordinating this and for his hospitality and eagerness to expose us all to great HeadFi.   I just brought my lowly ATH-CKM55 IEMs to the meet. Like bringing a knife to a gun fight. They were enough to ascertain significant differences in the DACs I wanted to audition.    It was my first time seeing any Schiit products! It was indeed a Schiit Show: Bimby, Gumby, Yiggy, and even Fulla!    The Yiggy is indeed astounding even at first...