Posts by schneller

Thanks! I appreciate the continued feedback. I may just try to snag both the Director and the Schiit Gungnir USB2 and do an at-home comparison.
I wonder how long until we see the UD-301. It is suppose to bring 501 performance to the sub $500 price point.
^^ are you pairing with a NAIM 5i? 5si? XS2? I am strongly considering the SuperNait2.
Most hi-fi audio is stored in digital form. With advancements in lossless compression, bit-perfect ripping/streaming, HD audio formats, multi-terabyte storage, and PC-friendly DACs, has the PC earned a place among high-end audio gear? At what price point?   Continued at http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733.html     ----   I hadn't seen this posted here yet.   Grab onto your butts and starts reading. The conclusions will make waves here.
 Ha. Yeah, getting there.
I have been following this DAC for a while. I have to admit that Purrin's decision to test it via a method other then USB is curious and such an extremely negative review is a bit of anomaly. Am I ready to jump on it?   I still have four DACs in the running...   UD-501... $750 Gungnir USB...$850 Teddy Pardo DAC-USB... $1500 Chord Chordette HD... $1700
For those that like NAIM but perhaps want something better for less money, I am hearing nothing but amazing things about TeddyPardo products.
^^ The Teddy Pardo can be ordered with Async USB and Balanced XLR outputs. Just an FYI. With these options it comes to $1617.
Wish  you had compared the TEAC against the Teddy Pardo DAC with Async USB and/or the NAIM V1.
What were the 13 DACs you tried?