or Connect

Posts by schneller

I would suggest that anyone having driver issues, esp. with Win10, that the problem lies with the driver/OS and not with the Schiit.   If you are having problems in Windows, then try the Live Linux Distro option mentioned a page or two ago. Download the distro image file, install it onto a USB stick, boot into Linux, and try listening that way.   Perhaps this option: http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/Downloads
I live in DC not far from Rockville but I am afraid I've never been to a meet.    Thanks for the feedback. Please let me know if you can ever audition a 2Qute for comparison...
^Thanks for the lengthy reply?   What happened to the Yggdrasil? How does it compare with the GMB?   Are you using any special power/USB conditioning for the GMB?   And lastly, have you heard the 2Qute?
I too paid about $350 for mine when I bought my NAIM amp gear. So I take it you feel the GMB to be a substantial upgrade to the Director? In what ways?I am debating the GMB vs. Chord 2Qute as my next DAC.
What OS is your laptop running?  Have you tried an OS besides Win10?
My question remains: GMB at $1250 vs. 2Qute at $1800? We're talking bare here...before the former "needs" a Wyrd/JitterBug/Regen BS...
So what does a Regen do that the Wyrd doesn't or vice versa?
Multibit owners: what are you doing to improve USB and/or power coming into the DAC? Wyrd? UpTone Regen? AudioQuest JitterBug? Something else? Combo of these? All three? Buying Jitterbugs for all your unused USB ports for the USB devices in your house? 
Sorry to disappoint but the conclusion of several Regen + 2Qute owners at ComputerAudiophile concludes the Regen does nothing to benefit.  I wish you Regen people would go peddle your wears elsewhere. 
No it is not. But would it matter? My DAC will feed my NAIM SuperNait2 IS via a RCA-DIN interconnect.