Posts by schneller

I dunno but my gut tells me that the whole "input sensitivity" thing with NAIM is a bunch of FUD being propagated by NAIM to protect sales of their expensive and mediocre NAIM DAC V-1.   Here is a Chord vs. V-1 discussion going on the NAIM forum...the 3v thing is brought up by someone again...
Rob:  So are we saying that the 2Qute should NOT be paired with something like a NAIM SuperNait2 (RCA-DIN interconnect)? Rob, can you comment?
Well, the new driver didn't fix the problem I've had since day 1 with trying to get the DAC to play better than 24-bit/44100 Hz. So not sure what the new driver did lol. The Director is the first and only dedicated DAC I've owned so I can't compare it to anything. I disagree with the WhatHifi review. It does not look/feel basic. For what it is, it is solid feeling. I like the tiny footprint. I like its basic functionality. It IS musically enjoyable! The Audiostream review...
PSA: There seems to have been a driver update on March 27: https://www.meridian-audio.com/support/personal-audio-support/director/
Despite my initial comments about the IM70, I have found them to be the most fun, best (and best value) IEMs I have owned to date.   I would simply say that choice of tips is paramount to achieving proper isolation, bass control, fit and comfort, etc. I personally am using Sony Hybrids.    Once everything is snug and comfortable, they are just a joy to listen to!    Big thumbs up! 
Been following this thread, esp. comments about the Gungnir Gen2, for a year or more now.    My only problem with the Gungnir is that this forum/thread is about the only place where it receives positive reviews really. I am sure it's still one of the best DACs for under $1K but DACs costing just a little more like the new Chord 2Qute and HEGEL HD12 are getting praise from many corners of the internet. The more the merrier of course when one cannot audition all these...
Wrong thread LOL
My Director is still doing a great job. Sounds delightful with my new NAIM SuperNait2 amp. Really no complaints. Perhaps a driver update from Meridian would be welcome...
If anyone is able to offer Hegel HD12 vs. 2Qute commentary that would be great. Thanks.
The 2Qute manual is now online: http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/files/2Qute%20manual.pdf