or Connect

Posts by schneller

So far 2016 has been a quiet year for Schiit. They recently made their MQA announcement. We've had no new equipment. No upgrades for Yiggy, Gungnir, etc. Silence. Crickets.   Has Schiit gotten drunk off of its currently swollen order books and production backlog? Have they decided to stagnate?   If NOT... what is on the horizon for 2016?
Big thumbs up to Schiit. Another reason to love you.  
Sorry if this is a repost here. Schiit Clarifies Position on a Proposed Audio Format (Related: lively discussion at PFM.)    
I paid for JRiver, 20 or 21 I think. It does what it does. Would I pay for it again? Probably not. JRiver's problem IMO is that it's for audio-nerds. It allows for far too much customization that it can be mind-boggling. It lacks polish like ROON.   I wanted JRiver to be an all-in-one solution. I wanted to click install, tell it where my audio and video and picture directories are, let it discover all my media, discover my (SATA) Blu-Ray player and HDRomerun, and then...
Schiit pairs very well with NAIM. Absolutely stunning really. A couple people over at the NAIM forum have reported the same.
Is there a secret page of the Schiit website where they list their black Schiit inventory? Or is it part of the normal set of drop-down options on the product page?
Doh! I missed a black Yiggy?!? Oh well, got to get through paying hospital bills before I can consider it again
I've compared SE output of GD-19, GMB, and Yiggy at home on my NAIM/Dynaudio system. The GD-19 was the distant third of the three. Both pieces of Schiit were fabulous in different ways. I've never heard any of them balanced.
Wel you know it's not just about details but overall presentation. How does the Codex compare to Schiit house sound? Looking forward to more comparisons.
Sorry I couldn't make it. While my elbows are moving better today than at any time since March 26, I still would have a hard time raising the headphones onto my head and only if they're 3 lbs. or less! @Sheldaze: Ayre Codex vs. GMB? I know it has nothing on Yiggy I think I've mentioned that my wife is the bassist in a local DC band called Ménage À Garage. If you're so inclined, would you mind casting your vote here? Takes about five...