Posts by schneller

If connecting the DAC to the PC via USB then the DAC is also powered by USD.   If connecting the DAC to a source via COAX/OPTICAL then the DAC still needs to be powered by USB and for this they have a DC-to-USB device.
My wife has a vinyl collection and I am thinking about assembling a "simple" but nice setup for her.   I have come across USB turntables from say Pro-Ject and Audio Technica. I am thinking about connecting one to say a wireless set of speakers like the Dynaudio Xeo3/4 or the Dali Kubik Xtra. (I actually don't know if either speaker can directly connect to such speakers???)   Thoughts?   I would probably lean towards the Dali speakers since they are cheaper and can be...
How does the sound compare and is the Gungnir worth the extra $300 if you don't need balanced?
Does anyone have experience with the Über Bifrost USB2 and the Gungnir USB?   I don't need balanced outputs.
 So I should fear that an update will come in a while or not at all?
 Another impressive comparison. My latest email from Meridian is still that a fix for Windows is in the pipeline.
 Any chance you can borrow a NAIM V1 for a day or two?
Because a $700 device shouldn't really hold its own against one costing 3-4x its price.
^^^ Wow. I am impressed at your conclusions so far. Rather shocked actually.
I think you are the first to comment on it sonically. Have you heard the NAIM V1 by chance?