Posts by melomaniac

will try to make this one!
http://www.mesaboogie.com/US/Smith/ClassA-printable.htm
sure, I'll be there - again. looking forward to mayhem spreading all over two hotels like a virus
yes, I'd like to second the request for comparisons to VST plug-ins etc. for what it's worth, I got a Reveel a couple months ago, and have been using it with various portable sources; it does less than a high-quality portable amp, but more than listening without an amp. not sure it's worth it on high-res tracks, but certainly does something to lower-res and older tracks...
not clandestine, but still good conversation - here's Jude with UE's Vincent Liu  
wow, this was busier and bigger than expected. I guess I'd been away for too long... (a couple of faces I recognized even said to me "hey, you're alive?")    I especially enjoyed: the UE folks, the Apogee One, the Chord HUGO, and of course: the Abyss driven by some Craig Uthus monster amp...   thanks to everyone who set up a table, the organization of the whole thing was great. I even spent money on a an Astell & Kern gadget, because with my custom IEMs it sounded...
maybe by march 22 everyone will have their own, but otherwise I could bring the reveel portable amp with me so people can try it... no table space needed tho, it's tiny!
@450 - yeah, I was tempted to call their customer service, but I'd only do that if I am convinced to keep the stuff. right now I'm a skeptic. so I wanted to see if someone has pointers on getting the set-up going so I can test it with my own ears, and then decide… guess that's circular logic, sorry. the previous owners had their main TV set up for Bose surround.   @billybob_jcv, I do have the box, but when they moved out a lot of the cabling was bunched into a mess in...
alright, don't shoot - I moved into a house this week that has an old bose acoustimass system in the living room. I cannot seem to get it to work. is it worth trying? cables distribute from the woofer through the walls to these little speakers mounted around the ceiling... I have no idea how that would sound when it works. anyone with experience or ideas, please let me know what your advice might be: use the cabling and replace all the speakers? fix the bose system? call...
great, I plan to attend - gear to bring undecided...