Posts by analog'd

hi Agustin. welcome to headfi! the sq on these is light years better than the cans you've been using so far, in my opinion.  these are not a "reference" headphone, they are a fun headphone, but that said they are much much more refined than cans you've been using including the shure i would imagine. i can only go by my knowledge of the higher end shure in-ears, which is more the level that the t51i plays on. they are great for the genres that you mentioned. a lot of very...
oh man, these numbers are MASSIVE compared to 20 years ago when i got my 1st pair of grado rs1's and people would stop me on the streets in manhattan because seeing a wooden headphone was so bizarre. 50k mojos along with all the other sales of other models/brands is fairly huge. look at how many manufacturers are staying alive in headphone gear and you know that this is no niche any more really. it's like, if they had made "the graduate" now, the older guy would've said to...
 says the guy who's selling his?
2094 pages. so i take it there are a few people who have this lil beauty, or else a couple of people who post a LOT. then i guess i'm not breaking any new ground when i receive mine in 3 days, but heck, i'm still excited as can be.  this beast will free me from only listening in one spot in the house, which is in the basement (or cellar as we call em around here), and allow my grandchildren to know for certain that i'm still with them (i listen a LOT!). i am also fairly...
i just bought these from this ad. they're great but just not for me so reselling: "Beyerdynamic T51i   I've had these for 14 months. I've got about 75 hours on them and have been very good to me. I switched from contacts to eyeglasses and the on-ear pads push up against my ears and it is very uncomfortable. These are in 8 out of 10 condition and comes only with the carrying case and all the airline accessories that was in the case; I didn't think to keep the box. $150...
re: the 2016 version of the LCD-3F.  WOW!  i've been using a lotta high end cans for a lotta years. decades even. when i bought a 2012 LCD 3 classic i had believed tyle's rave about it being a desert island headphone. huge disappointment when i never found it to be such. i'd had more refinement, truer rock guitar voicings, better vocal reproduction, sweeter mids, tighter and more bass, and more present and transparent highs and much better dynamics in the past (and some...
please see pm
just got my mahogany th-x00 in this afternoon. these cans really don't suck i hope i haven't gone on too long or been too technical in my description.
I just got these in and have once and for all found that the Fostex cans are not my cup of tea. These are a gorgeous and as new pair that have the benefit of removable cables, as described in the original ad from which I made my purchase the other day. The following and the photos are from that ad.    "The removable cable modification was done very professionally by Peterek and it uses 2.5mm connectors, which are easy to find these days. It comes with a 10' cable by...
got the itch to try new cans. hadn't ever been thrilled with the treble on the lcd3 (classic) that i had for a number of years, and my hd800 (sdr mod) don't cut it for a lot of rock recordings for me) so i sold my lcd3's and went hunting. in the past month i have bought and resold pairs of  ps1000e, t1 gen2, elear, he560, sine and th900. i had a lot of time on my hands after some surgery. i was sitting here last night listening to chuck berry's chess singles and realized...