Posts by analog'd

sure did notice it. it was shown a number of times. quite the advertising campaign by Cadillac.
yup, the HD800 is a lot more refined than the good ole RS1i. but it's wonderful to have a can that "rips" as you say along with the senns. There are times when it's just fun to rock out through a good grado (or audeze), but there are times when the super revelation of the hd800 of what is lacking or over-pronounced in certain recordings begs the forgiveness of these other cans. if I had to live with just the hd800 I could I suppose, but... I moved from rs1i's after 20...
totally get your point, but two things: we're not crowing about how fantastic they suddenly are. nothing sudden about it. read through the two huge audeze LCD3 threads and you''ll find endless accounts of Audeze NOT behaving like every other business; of Audeze bending over backwards to take care of their customer base beyond what is normally considered very good customer service. hell, read through this thread and you'll hear plenty of people stating that Audeze took...
eh, what's the difference what it took? they responded and dealt with the issue. I'm really surprised that after reading "the evolution of this thread " that you wouldn't see it as a testament to their being a great company that won't leave their customers out in the cold.they are well worth the possible hassle of needing a repair; and any company's headphones have that possibility, right?with this company you can be assured they will take care of you, and no other company...
you need to read the last page or three of this thread. you will find Audeze's new policy statement re: the drives. $800 is history. 
sorry Corbin, I was getting the infuriation from a couple of other members, and I lumped you together with them. They actually called me names (here, in a post deleted by the moderators, and in PMs). much of what I said above was a response to other people. I seriously apologize for doing that. unloading as i thought of things ....
 I've been supportive of Audeze for years, just not of inflated charges to replace failed drivers with a history of failing from the beginning of their production. And again, I think it's nice that three of you think I didn't give them a chance before I posted an attention getting thread - you're all very sweet in your naivety; though your insistence on ignoring the fact that they had Not been willing to discuss it with an owner with a dead driver at the time I posted this...
Ryan, I think it's 100% safe to invest in Audeze cans. They made a quick course correction and have delivered a new policy. These headphones ARE so good that it is well worth the (hopefully small at this point) chance of needing to use the warranty or trust them to take it case by case if it's post warranty. They have proven themselves trustworthy a thousand times over and I am willing to say I trust their intentions with the case by case assessment. This was an anomaly -...
there were driver issues way earlier than the spring summer of 2014. read earlier threads and you'll find that there were a lot of drivers failing from early on. mine were replaced in June 2013, and that was after MANY others had been for other people. and i'm not nit picking - this thread was opened because there is so MUCH history of driver failure. Audeze had been quoting $800 to people. that is a fact. it just came out that they quoted someone recently seven hundred...
you are most welcome. it was a good idea.