or Connect

Posts by analog'd

er, i'm afraid i broke ranks
you are really just being obstinate. have you not read that Audeze acknowledges that this is a god damned defect? what is it that you do not understand about that? you keep blowing hot air at people who are very patiently and politely responding to your statements without responding to a thing that has been said here (or is actually occurring between Audeze owners and Audeze). why? i have to assume you are trolling, or just enjoy playing the devil's advocate, which in this...
we are being trolled
cverson70, i don't understand why you would argue that any company with a known defect should NOT cover owners outside of the warranty period. think in terms of recalls, because that's what this is about. also, you have nothing posted about yourself here. care to share what headphones/ gear you do own and on what part of the planet you reside?
 Thank you all for responding to cverson70. This is about a defect not normal wear and tear. nor is it about an electronic component with a known general unreliability such hard drives (it's why we all have backups. and more backups.) as matthewhypolite states above,  "Audeze should fullfill (for free) all warranty request where the failure is related to this issue". 
The prices for driver replacements have been revised. The LCD-3 is $375, the LCD-X/XC is $325, and the LCD-2 is now $250 what happened to these prices listed in 2015???   as i wrote to Audeze after they said they would drop the quoted price of 800 (2/15): "I hope that when you review the costs the figure you arrive it is indeed closer to 300 than 500. I further hope that you do review them case by case, and where the drivers have not failed on the part of the...
it's anything but a "stand alone" (dedicated) hp amp. in fact it's a DAC with the added benefit of preamp functionality with multiple I/O. the headphone amp is an "add-on" that was done for convenience and to complete the picture of the td11 as a multifunctional "swiss army knife" to be placed and used in various configurations in different systems. the cost was kept down on the unit in part by NOT creating it to be a high end headphone amp. the headphone out certainly...
sure did notice it. it was shown a number of times. quite the advertising campaign by Cadillac.
yup, the HD800 is a lot more refined than the good ole RS1i. but it's wonderful to have a can that "rips" as you say along with the senns. There are times when it's just fun to rock out through a good grado (or audeze), but there are times when the super revelation of the hd800 of what is lacking or over-pronounced in certain recordings begs the forgiveness of these other cans. if I had to live with just the hd800 I could I suppose, but... I moved from rs1i's after 20...
totally get your point, but two things: we're not crowing about how fantastic they suddenly are. nothing sudden about it. read through the two huge audeze LCD3 threads and you''ll find endless accounts of Audeze NOT behaving like every other business; of Audeze bending over backwards to take care of their customer base beyond what is normally considered very good customer service. hell, read through this thread and you'll hear plenty of people stating that Audeze took...