Posts by analog'd

that's great that you are getting the attention deserved from Burson!  
congrats! I too love what the Soloist does for my rig. The knob on mine is evenly seated so to speak (not like your pics). I just pulled on it gently and it did start to slide toward me, so the first thing I would do is see if you can simply push it gently to see if it is just pulled out a bit. If that doesn't work I would CALL Burson and ask to speak to a technical person for advice/guidance. They may be able to walk you through straightening it out. I always have great...
  Hi Scott,thanks for the reply. love Vivaldi and will seek it out... nice to know I'm not crazy for thinking the classical I've been listening to on the lcd-3s sounds wonderful. I haven't read through a million postings, but the reading I did before getting them was fairly extensive and had no one (ahem) trumpeting their splendid performance in this area. because of that I was shocked at how great everything was sounding (even larger scale loves the tonal balance,...
  +1.  I think that the HD800's and LCD-3's are a great complement to one another, offering soundscapes different enough to make it interesting having both.   Scott, I found it interesting to read your musical preference of classical in light of your enjoyment of the LCD-3 (or visa versa I guess). I have been enjoying the "woodier" sound with oboes and cellos and some piano recordings. It really is nice to have the different "take" on the soundscapes. Is there any...
I find that the lcd-3 and hd800 make a great combo to have on hand. I drive them with a soloist. both sound fantastic.last year I tried all the flagship dynamic and planar cans. these were my two faves, though I miss my T1s a bit. the he-6 was not a comfortable fit for me so I couldn't enjoy them. the lcd-3s are more fun and certainly more forgiving than the senns but that senn hd800 clear view is pretty awesome at times (and always incredible for classical). the hd800 can...
re: they just sent me an RMA number, hope they cover me since the headphones were purchased used.       yes, totally no problem. you do not need to be original buyer. their turnaround is very fast.
tis a killer amp. congratulations and use it in good health!
 congratulations!!!  you must be having an amazing time hearing your music collection "anew". i've had my lcd3/soloist combination for a few months and it's still blowing my mind how great they sound.
 very funny comment, but i don't know how you can possibly enjoy your lcd-3 with a mere soloist. eh, to each his own i guess.
ok, but careful of the "small parts". i will paint a kitty on em for her before shipping.