Posts by analog'd

shoot me but I also like the recent smashing pumpkins album. have to go try it on my HD800s though as I've been using the lcd3 for this.
they should both sound good! I am running single ended so did not get the reference you'd made to the ch800s. I know zip about them. but an after market cable will open up the high end of the LCd3s some. many report a general "lifting of a veil" they didn't know was there. that was my experience. conversely, people go with after market cables on the hd800s to tame the highs a bit and for overall improvement. but as I said, I don't know the ch800s and it may be doing the...
what cables have you on the lcds and the senns at this point?
oh yeah, the mids of the lcds are warm and yummy. that is often what makes people smile and it, and the nature of the highs, are certainly waay more forgiving of less than stellar recordings / sources than the senns. such a great combo!  
I totally get it. but one o these minutes yer gonna push play on something, and think "man, i wish this sounded more open (or less veiled or had more clearly extended highs" or possibly "damn, that last recording sounded friggin' awesome but this one isn't quite up to snuff") and you're going to swap out yer lcd3s for the hd800s and you're gonna say "holy canoli"!!!then the 800s are gonna grow on you for certain types of music or certain recordings or what have you and...
thanks so much for the response. very encouraging.
cool, it'll be fun to compare impressions. I'm afraid to ask how long you've been waiting though. ah, but it sounds as though you ordered the cables themselves and the adapters, yes? 
I have a blue cardas cable on my hd800s, but I'm anxiously waiting to receive an adapter I ordered on dec 5th that'll let me use my Q audio black silk lcd3 cable with the hd800s. anyone know what I should expect from the Q on the senns?  
this is distressing news indeed. with their absurd rate of failure they should continue to provide no questions asked replacements for all they've sold so far. the fact that they HAD been providing such is what allowed them to keep selling so many despite the alarming number of driver failures. if they really stick to this I'm pretty certain it is going to backfire on them. who wants a pair of cans, new or used, with a ridiculous chance of trouble and an $800 penalty for...