Posts by bigBadBill

I have had my second pair of RE0 break down on me and only now did I see this tread. These are crap and head-fi should not rate them as highly as you do on the ratings page. 
Quote: Originally Posted by device manager Yesterday I received my $11 CX300's from eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4481&rd=1&rd=1 Lots of visual differences between the two - logo size, wire gauge, general construction, mini-jack design, typos on the packaging, etc.. Not even close to iPod bud quality! I feel sorry for all of the suckers that think these are real and do not have the opportunity to listen to legit CX300's....
Quote: Originally Posted by warrior05 totally agree here. just keep in mind that the 220s are much less isolating then the CX300s. sometimes that is an important factor when trying to decide on a pair of IEMs or canalphones. I agree with this. The only time in which I would consider plugging in the CX300's would be while running on a treadmill. Those who do know that there will be a lot of noise coming from the treadmill, and if that is your...
Quote: Originally Posted by ClayMaster Can anyone please tell me if they think they are (the jbl 220) better then the CX300 even if they cost me almost twice (50$ compare to 90$). Thanks I've had both and I can tell you the JBL's outperform the CX-300 easily. The sound is much more detailed, the bass is less boomy, and the highs are clearer. They have a much more open sound than the CX-300's. There is less microphonics as well. The 220's win...
I got a pair of CX300's off of eBay a while ago. The seller claimed to be in the UK. Later it became clear that they were being shipped from China and was faking his UK status. I have been to China recently and seen with my own eyes that virtually the entire retail sector in China proudly offer counterfeit merchandise. Needless to say, I would never have ordered them had I known the seller was Chinese. That said, the ones I got were either really good fakes, or the...
Alright. I am the new kid in town. I found this site after some searching around after my old Senn CX300's had an unfortunate encounter with a 45 lb weight in the gym. rip. I am not a audiphile by any stretch. I have a pair of Grado SR 80 that I love and use whenever I am not on a plane or in the gym. They are my main reference point. I also tried out some Shure E2C's which I returned since 1) they're not that great sounding, and 2) they impossible to use in the gym...
Alright. I am the new kid in town. I found this site after some searching around after my old Senn CX300's had an unfortunate encounter with a 45 lb weight in the gym. rip. I am not a audiphile by any stretch. I have a pair of Grado SR 80 that I love and use whenever I am not on a plane or in the gym. They are my main reference point. I also tried out some Shure E2C's which I returned since 1) they're not that great sounding, and 2) they impossible to use in the gym...