Posts by Pianist

That looks very, very nice. I hope it doesn't have high distortion and funny looking square waves and decay. It might be the perfect IEM - I am pretty excited! If many people will find it better than ER4S and RE400, then I will sell all my IEMs, which should be enough to buy 3-4 Tenores.   EDIT: I just checked out the Tenore review and measurements at that Japanese site and the Tenre seems to have a tad too much decay below 500Hz, compared to ER4S... Not sure exactly how...
 I am pretty curious about this Tenore. It's very affordable, so I will definitely buy one if its as good as RE400 or better, though I highly doubt it is. Regarding having too many headphones, I can definitely relate from personal experience. The last time I listened to my HE-500 and HD650 was like a week ago, as for the past week I was too busy listening to my IEMs... I also tend to reach for the more convenient headphones. For example, I almost always find myself...
 If somebody tries to do something, but can't succeed in it because the person simply doesn't have the talent or physical ability to achieve it, then it may be offensive to tell them that they are less discerning or that it's because of their genes. However, we are talking about people who are ignorant of sound accuracy. In fact, most of them don't even know that they are. They were never interested in analytical listening and accurate sound reproduction and don't know or...
 Ok, but you had to be more specific, because "experienced human ears" can mean different things. Experienced how exactly? If it's just experienced through listening to lots of different equipment, than that doesn't cut it. Yet that's what many audiophiles think "experienced ears" means.
@ luisdent : In my opinion, RE400 has significantly nicer highs than PFE - much smoother, more controlled, more resolving of micro details. RE400 also has a more realistic bass that's punchier and thicker. PFE has great bass too, but I would say it's a little thin sounding. The overall sound is just fuller and richer on the RE400, but PFE has somewhat faster transients, better, sharper attack, better separation of sounds and a wider soundstage... Without EQ, I much prefer...
 I agree with you, although like you wrote there, we should use an accuracy target as a reference when choosing and listening to an IEM, even if that accuracy target is not perfect for everyone. We need equipment to follow accuracy targets primarily to allow recordings to translate as well as possible to as much equipment as possible IMO.
 I don't agree with the highlighted part, at least not with the way you said it. I think I would agree if you said that data has to follow the listening experience of a musician/sound engineer with years of musical training and experience, at least normal hearing and preferably experience with listening to different audio gear, including high end gear. In that case, it is possible for such person to be qualified enough to tell what actually sounds more accurate and how...
 Tell me redrich2000, why did you decide to the get the ER4? I believe you have ER4S. What do you think about Etys claim of 93% accuracy on them? From your position on graphs and accuracy, I would think that you don't take those accuracy claims made by Ety, nor their whole idea of what's accurate seriously. Now, here's the thing though. I am pretty sure that most people who decided to try Etys did so because of Ety accuracy claims, but then those like us ended up actually...
 I already replied to the highlighted argument of yours before. Here was my answer: "I don't really understand what you are getting at here... The data is obtained by means of various measuring devices. Surely, the accuracy of the devices can be debated, but that's a different matter - generally I think modern measurement devices, especially those used by people who are serious about measurements, like Tyll Hertsens are sufficiently accurate. The way graphs are created is...