Posts by Pianist

I have a like new ER4P here with all accessories, including case, filters and all packaging. I also have a 75 Ohm impedance adapter to turn them into the ER4S. I can ship anywhere. Price includes shipping within North America. PayPal fee will be 4% extra.   UPDATE:I added a couple of pics... Sorry for the rather poor quality.   Thanks for looking
Canada Computers is currently selling Fiio E12A for 120 CAD! I don't think they will ship outside of Canada though.
 Oops. I totally forgot about that number. Thanks for reminding me. But anyway - I just checked and the website states that my X5 is real... So any other ideas? Can more of you X5 owners chime in on this? Do you hear any hiss from the headphone out of your X5? BTW, I did try playing with different settings, including turning EQ on and off and changing gain between high and low, and the hiss was the same level in all cases.
Like new condition. Purchased about 3 weeks ago from CTC Audio. This is a great amp, but its too powerful for most of my sensitive, low impedance headphones, so I would like to try out the Fiio E12A instead. I will ship to anywhere, but buyers from outside of Canada will have to pay extra for shipping. US buyers will probably need to pay $5-$15 extra , depending on shipping option, while buyers from overseas may need to pay some more. Also, please add 4% extra to cover...
Hey guys, is it normal for the X5s headphone out to have audible hiss with moderately sensitive headphones/IEMs? I can hear noticeable hiss from my X5s headphone out with my Super.fi 3, which I believe are 16 Ohms and pretty sensitive. I can also hear a very slight hiss even with my RE-400 and Apple In-Ear. My X5s headphone out hisses a bit more than 1st gen Sansa Clip for example and a bit less than my Sony Walkman NWZ-A816. All three hiss a lot more than my old Samsung...
Quote: Ok, ok, I am sorry. lol I was actually thinking of getting RE-600 now that they have dropped in price and I will probably do that sometime next month. I am really curious myself to AB them with RE-400. I definitely don't consider RE-600 to be expensive compared to the Westone, Sennehiser and Shure multi driver IEM flagships or the gazillion other ridiculously priced IEMs out there, especially customs. Compared to all those, RE-600 is still a bargain, even if it...
 Thanks for the feedback man. Guess, I may need to stock on some tips for these then because I will be listening to them a lot! Gonna be getting a few replacements from Ebay... Oh and I also need one or two of those impedance adapters as well for more accurate frequency response. I may want to try 33 Ohm and 50 Ohm... Regarding ADDIEMs detail retrieval, I think that they may actually be just as detailed as my ER4S. ADDIEMs just don't push details forward aggressively like...
 Maybe you are right regarding the RE-600 having smoother treble. I do feel that RE-400 can be very slightly uneven, "metallic" and harsh in the treble at times, so RE-600 might fix these slight issues with perhaps a bit of extra damping in the housing. Regarding RE-600 having better bass presence, I think that it may be perceived that way because it has a smoother and more subdued treble than RE-400. However, looking at the measurements, the differences seem very subtle...
 Well, how about in comparison with RE-400? Do you think that the RE-600 is still an immense deal next to RE-400 at $79? Considering that they measure nearly identically and likely use the same driver, I have a very hard time believing that RE-600 can be worth the extra money. How can RE-600 possibly be better if no objective evidence indicates sound quality improvements over RE-400? What especially puzzles me is that people claim that RE-600 scales better with sources...
Quote: Yes, PFE is still one of the best IEMs in that price range. All of the PFE1** models and PFE012 have the same drivers and should sound identical. The differences between them is that the PFE012 does not come with the carrying case and only includes one pair of green filters that are already installed on the IEMs. The green filters increase bass response, hence the "perfect bass" name, but at the expense of midrange and treble presence and resolution. The PFE1**...