Posts by spanky310

Yeah paypal is pretty good about these things. It's a hassle but I should be ok with the Paypal's buyer protection if it turns out to be a counterfeit set.     I understand what you guys are saying, it's just so tempting to have a backup when my EX700 finally dies.
I just submitted an offer to one of these seller so let's see what happens.....  
Yeah that's what I was thinking after reading through all these auctions. I guess the only way to really tell is to buy one and compare with the ones I already own. I just hate having to deal with the return and other hassles if they turn out to be fakes.
I was just browsing through ebay and came across multiple sellers all having " Brand New in Box" MDR-EX700 available.   I currently own a pair of them and have been looking for a "backup" pair without much success until now.   Check these...
Just got my order delivered by Fedex.   Yup its the real thing. The EX1000 sealed box came in a plastic bag with the yellow Sony tape.   My best guess is that Sony had pulled the EX1000 from the market for the launch of the new BA IEM's and these are what's left of the stock they were holding at the time.....that or it was a master box that got lost in the warehouse and just now got discovered.   In any case, I'm glad it worked out for me.   I hope this...
Thanks for the post...now I know that someone will benefit from the post.     A piece of information on the cable.   From what I read, the cable that comes with the US version of the EX1000 is not the same one that is being sold on ebay for over $100. The US EX1000's are sold with the same cable that came with the EX600.   The Asian version comes with two cables (1.2m and 0.6m in length) and both are of the better quality 7N-OFC cable versus the regular OFC on the US...
I was just googling the sony MDR-EX1000 and I was surprised to see that there are all of a sudden quite a few stores having it in stock at a discounted prices!   After looking at all the stores' websites I came to the conclusion they are all just store front selling inventory of drop shippers. One tell tale sign is the fact that they all showed (as of last thrusday) 10 in stock. I then called three of the cheapest stores (around $300) and they claimed that these are...
Just got off the phone with Sennheiser and found out that the original cable for the HD-598 is available for $10 so that's my plan B.   I still want to make a clean new cable with a new solder on connector but now at the very least I know I can make one with some soldering and shrink tube.  
I got my HD-598 the other day after reading all the rave reviews here and I am very happy that I did.   The only thing I would want to change about the HD-598 is the cable.   The stock cable is nice but it's way too long for my application and I am looking for options to change it out.   I want to build a new cable that will plug into the headphone without doing a complete re-cabling described in the re-cable threads here in Headfi.   My question is that...
I just bought this one from a Headfi'er here so there is no warranty.   I will try my luck with the D2+ threads if I don't get one here.   Thanks for your replies.