or Connect

Posts by Mysteek

Whoa, it's been nearly 9 years since I first made this thread. When we look back at the beginning posts it's incredible how fast technology has evolved. I used to think my setup was good.. hahaha...ha..
 I can't compare them anymore since I no longer own them, but I've heard both headphones and the A900X's are a clear upgrade. Wider soundstage and less sibilant will be the two main differences.
I hope this isn't too much of a far fetched post. Basically, I am obsessed with the super wide airy sound with crispy, fast bass the DT880's provide, but I want the sound in IEMs. Unamped.   What are the closest IEMs to this sound? My budget is $200 USD / $260 CAD / ¥25,000. Thanks in advance.
 How are they? =) It's been a long time since I last visited this thread. 
I didn't change the pads on the A900X's. In order of bass presence, I'd say it's M50>A900X>A900 but this is just from memory and I could be wrong.
Thread title updated to reflect the ongoing discussion.   As for ATH-M50LE vs A900X (Trying to recall from a week ago)   A few notable differences: The M50LE's have more bass The A900X's have much better imaging The M50LE's are a bit more fatiguing The A900X's are more comfortable They're similar in treble, but the A900X's are more fun with the midrange..vocals sound smoother for example.
Prices of all Japanese headphones should be falling--it reflects the weakening purchasing power of the yen. That's why as of 1-2 months ago the prices fell to around $200 (in Canada, at least)
Audio Technica A900X's?