Posts by Lifter59

UE-11's   Just got these delivered yesterday - can't wait to get them broken in...
Quote: Originally Posted by woof07 I agree, I don't think the JSAR is too big unless you have a small wrist. If you wear your Zulus on the last hole, you have me beat...2nd (Maratac Heavy) or 3rd (Maratac S or Bond) hole here. And I thought I had a big wrist. That Nixon is a monster...your wrist will get a daily workout from that sucker. Here are a few pics of the JSAR and the Nixon....
Quote: Originally Posted by Wankerfx Try saving up a little more and get a TSAR - that's my next watch for sure. These things are REALLY tough. Also, avoid the JSAR at all costs, unless you're only going to use it for diving (That thing is MASSIVE, and would look ridiculous on a bare wrist). That would depend on how large your wrist is... I just got the JSAR (and it is amazing). On me it looks fine as the watch still sits well within the width of...
Quote: Originally Posted by woof07 I'd have to disagree with their accuracy. I have two GSARs and neither one of them is very accurate. I'd say +1 min a week easy. Do you keep them both wound? Mine stays accurate to about a minute a month. Then again, I live in SCAL so there isn't a lot of temperature shift....
Quote: Originally Posted by dfkt So.... you're a chef? Not by trade, but I do some very serious cooking as a hobby and have cooked meals for hundreds of people at a time.....
Quote: Originally Posted by dj_mocok Yeah, it's true that it's better to have something that macthes the skin, but the problem is, they both match, haha... She has light skin tone, but the black doesn't really stand out so much - sometimes I think even the white one stands out more due to it's very shiny white and pearl inside. But I am not very fussy in terms of exact accuracy - as long as it's not like 5-10 minutes off every month, then it's just...
Quote: Originally Posted by boomy3555 Nice UE's tungs10 Matias, Did you "Tool Dip" the conectors on your LW's or those custom cables? Had my UE-11's for a year and they still sound fantastic!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by woof07 Considering Marathon makes one, I'd say yes. I have 2 of the Marathon Watches - The T-SAR Quartz with the stainless steel bracelet and the G-SAR Automatic. Both are very accurate and you can't beat the Tritium gas vials for night readability.
Quote: Originally Posted by straden Was just looking at UE customs and saw this : The custom UE 11 Pro is available with the optional ambient feature to allow for stage bleed while controlling the isolation effect. what is this bleed effect? Can anyone explain to me please? The "Bleed Effect" diminishes the isolation effect of the IEM's by allowing the outside (ambient) sound to mix in with the sound from the IEM's. This is a common feature used...
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveD61 Hi Guys, This might have been asked before, but I'll ask now - Is a set of hi end IEM's a worthwhile investment for an Ipod Nano 4G? The model I have is 16GB so there's room to rip at high sample rates (256kbs) - so would a hi end IEM, say the Westone UM2, be worthwhile or would the quality be lost in the compression of the song? If you use lossless compression, each file is around 20-30 meg, so it uses a lot more...