Posts by RGA

The UD 10.1 uses a Burr Brown PCM2704 IC for USB audio conversion. I will be reviewing the UD-10.1 Lite USB and the PA-10 Tube Headphone/Pre Amplifier as a combination for an upcoming review at DAGOGO - A Unique Audiophile Experience.
Okay I'll try an easier track Please list some headphones or headphone amps you feel is deserving of some wider attention - something you feel is under represented in the review press and want reviewed. Thanks in advance. Richard Austen DAGOGO - A Unique Audiophile Experience
Hi There headphone fanatics. I am in the process of compiling a list of headphones and headphone amplifiers (with USB a must) to review for dagogo.com. I greatly enjoy headphone listening and I am currently on a year to two year assignment teaching in China and I felt this was the best time to cover a big part of the audiophile community that I have found seriously lacking - headphone based systems. What I wish to do is compile several headphones and headphone...
I recently purchased a sandisc MP3 player which has been quite good. It came with the usual terirble headphones but gave me the chance to try the Shure E2 like in ear headphones. Anyway, I went and paid $40.00 which I set as my budget for an upgraded Panasonic set but they were no better than cheapies provided by SanDisc. Attrocious bass response. I gave them back and replaced them with some JVC HA-B25-BU headphones because they have two folding points which can...
Quote: Originally Posted by tilt Thanks! I just wish thier site showed actual inventory, not just manufacture links. Soundhunds IMO is the best dealer I've been to - certainly better than the main ones in Vancouver. As for what they carry - well it helps to know what you're after - I assume you're looking fior heapdhone amps - if that's the case you're looking at the MG Head (they replaced the MF with it) - they may carry both. If you have...
Your best bet is Soundhounds in Victoria -- http://www.soundhounds.com/ They also carry a number of products not listend on their site and pretty big used section. They're two main tube lines are Antque Sound Labs for budget minded audiophiles and who want higher power Push Pull -- Audio Note is the premium tube line that is SEP and SET for more efficient speakers. They also used to carry Jolida so you may see some kicking around.
The stereophile review says they work better with high impedence headphones (which the HD 600s are) and the Head room site advertises the bithead and one picture has the Senns on top -- LOL guess I should have looked at their advert before posting that part here. Still some may have direct experience. I am on a tight budget since I just graduated after 5.5 years of school. So I was going to buy an iPod but they just don;t hold enough information for such a long...
Hi. I have posted this on AA but this forum makes more sense. I am going to be living in Korea for a year and I am going to be buying a big external hard drive and loading all my cds on it in WMA lossless. I have a laptop that has three USB ports. Anyway money is going to be relativley tight and so far the Bithead and Stereo Link Dac seem to be in the foreground. The Bithead is more money but it is more portable in that it can be driven directly from the laptp --...
well unfortunately I tried a $29.99Cdn surge protector that claimed to get rid of noise...it didn't so I'm returing it. Soundboy...yes the HTS 1000 is $249.99 Cdn which would be roughly $175.00US give or take with the dollar all over. They do have a two jack small one with clean power stage 1 for $49.99 which I may give a try to. It may just be a noisy TV that could be so poorly shielded that it's picking up RF or something else. I had the cable company come in...
philodox I'm in the same boat as you...I went to Futureshop and the HTS 1000 is $249.00. Frankly, I am not interested in the surge protector portion because all of that is a big pile of snake-oil...home owners insurance will cover lightning strikes though you'll be out the $500.00 deductable...thanks I'll take the risk. And the odds of a lightning strike here is SOOOO low it's like winning the lotto back to back...ie ZERO. What I need is to reduce the noise of...