Posts by velveteer

Sold. Thanks everyone.
$39 plus shipping from Toronto, Canada.    These worked 9 months ago. Then the right earphone died out (probably due to wiring), and I stored them in my condominium's basement storage locker. On retrieving them last week it seems they don't work at all anymore. Sold for parts, as is.   Notes:   - Cabling intact and in good shape - Headband in very good shape - Foam ear cups are dried out - Slight yellowing of exterior meshing (as pictured) - Missing plastic...
Still looking for a PCM-M10.
Looking for a PCM-M10 to Toronto, Canada. Please PM me with details.   Thanks!
Purchased these a couple years back off the board. Used sparingly. Recently developed some distortion at certain frequencies in the right ear; now completely dropped out, although the right ear still fades in sometimes.    Likely a connection issue, but I'm no repairman and I don't have the patience to have it looked into.   Not sure what these are worth. I'll say $199 shipped and take the best offer. 
Purchased them off the board a couple years back. Used sparingly - loved them!    Few months back the right ear started developing some soft distortion at certain frequencies. This eventually developed into a total drop-out. The right ear is now mute, although sometimes if I move/gyrate a certain way it comes momentarily back to life. It's unusual that it started at frequency, and now this...   No receipt, and Westone won't do anything.   Does this sound...
PM'd.
I'm looking to spend between $300-$1000 on a DAC.   My home television and stereo setup are combined, so I have three or possibly four essential needs:   1. DAC conversion of my TV signal. 2. DAC conversion of my PS3. 3. DAC conversion of audio from my Macbook Pro, and 4. DAC conversion of a possible CDP down the road.   Of course, the first three are the most important.   My receiver is an old Marantz 2285, and my speakers are vintage KEFs. I wouldn't...
Hi guys, Purchased a Rotel RCD-855 off the 'bay. It's in great condition, but the seller warned me that the Rotel (my first "high end" CD player) wouldn't take kindly to burnt CDs and doesn't like scratches at ALL. Anyway, I brought her home this evening and four out of the five CDs I popped in all skipped, popped, and clicked throughout. All of the CDs were in excellent or mint shape, and all were retail. Is my Rotel broken? FWIW, the seller is a friend of...
Purchased a pair of UM3Xs from the man. Arrived in better-than-expected shape. Great guy to deal with!