Posts by MadMike

These photos look like the ones from the original DTA-100- taken from the DIY Audio site. The DTA-100a is a revision- not sure about how the internals look, but the amp sounds fantastic with my KEF Q15 speakers! Haven't done much listening to the headphone amp though. 
  Low end < £100 ($150) AKG K44 (1) AKG K99 (1) AKG K240 Studio (2) AKG K240 Sextett (1) AKG K271 Studio (2) AKG K430(1) Alessandro MS-1 (2) Alessandro MS-1i (3) Audio Technica ATH-M30 (1) Audio Technica ATH-M50 (6) Audio Technica ATH-AD700(3) Audio Technica ATH-WS70 (1) Denon D1000/1001 (2) Gamma lh115 (1) Grado SR-60 (3) Grado SR-60i (1) Grado SR80 (1) JVC RX900 (1) Koss A130 Koss PortaPro (3) Koss UR40 (1) Sennheiser HD-201...
The uDac and uDac2 are USB dacs and only accept a digital signal from the USB out of the computer- no need to interface with your sound card. Run USB cable from computer to the uDac and then run a pair of interconnects to the AMB Mini^3.
I think the upgrade was worth it- being able to listen to 24/96 music was worth it by itself. I did not do much A/Bing between the 2 but I love the uDac2 with my T-amp.- nice stereo separation and low noise floor.
I, too am waiting- they are back ordered. I was told they would come in this week some time.
raptor84,   How does the new board sound? Differences between it and the original? Being able to listen to 24-bit, 96khz files is a big plus!
Ordered the upgrade- should receive it soon.
  Thanks! I will give it a try when I get home.  
Question: I downloaded the latest version of uLilith- How do you get VST plug-ins to work?
Audio Technica M50s. I have both the M50s and the C551's- you will not be disappointed. Better soundstage and tighter bass compared to the Denon's (which are very good IEM's). Sound very good unamped, though even better amped. Look on ebay for very good deals.