Posts by MadMike

How else would you run this setup? You have to run an analog signal to the amp (it doesn't have a DAC).
Got to second the M50s- nice low end and clear mids and treble. Soundstage is pretty good for a closed phone.
As a headphone amp, I really like the µDAC2; when switching between the two I always settle on the µDAC2- the DTA-100a just lacks energy and clarity. But for driving my KEF's it is terrific! By the way, the KEF Q15's are pretty sensitive- 91 dB. To get plenty loud, I have the µDAC2 set at 12:00 and the DTA-100a at 10:00- thus still have plenty of overhead.
µDAC2 pairs very well with M50s. 
I have had this amp for a few weeks- it replaced the original Sonic Impact T-amp in my computer system. Computer--> µDAC2--> DTA-100a--> KEF Q15 speakers. Sounds fantastic with strong bass, beautiful mids and very clear treble- terrific imaging to boot. I highly recommend this amp to drive speakers! I have listened to the HP amp a couple of times- nothing special. I prefer the µDAC2 HP amp, however I have not listened to the Dayton's hp amp very much.
These photos look like the ones from the original DTA-100- taken from the DIY Audio site. The DTA-100a is a revision- not sure about how the internals look, but the amp sounds fantastic with my KEF Q15 speakers! Haven't done much listening to the headphone amp though. 
  Low end < £100 ($150) AKG K44 (1) AKG K99 (1) AKG K240 Studio (2) AKG K240 Sextett (1) AKG K271 Studio (2) AKG K430(1) Alessandro MS-1 (2) Alessandro MS-1i (3) Audio Technica ATH-M30 (1) Audio Technica ATH-M50 (6) Audio Technica ATH-AD700(3) Audio Technica ATH-WS70 (1) Denon D1000/1001 (2) Gamma lh115 (1) Grado SR-60 (3) Grado SR-60i (1) Grado SR80 (1) JVC RX900 (1) Koss A130 Koss PortaPro (3) Koss UR40 (1) Sennheiser HD-201...
The uDac and uDac2 are USB dacs and only accept a digital signal from the USB out of the computer- no need to interface with your sound card. Run USB cable from computer to the uDac and then run a pair of interconnects to the AMB Mini^3.
I think the upgrade was worth it- being able to listen to 24/96 music was worth it by itself. I did not do much A/Bing between the 2 but I love the uDac2 with my T-amp.- nice stereo separation and low noise floor.