Posts by MadMike

Nice job!! Not too bothered by the pleather, but nice to know I have an alternative.
Got my M50s for less than $100 and they sound terrific!!
Definitely reripping to a lossless format helps- M50s provide great detail to the point that I now can tell the difference between, say 256K and lossless, where with my Denon C551s I cannot.
x3 ATH-M50 Listening to them right now directly out of iPod Classic- they sound great!! Apple lossless mostly.
M50 sounds great straight out of my iPod Classic!
AKG 18 Audio-Technica 12 HEAL Sennheiser 17 HURT Stax 25 HEAL
I own the M50s and they are easily drived by my iPod Classic- sound terrific! However, I have not heard the other phones suggested above.
I own the Audio Technica ATH-M50s (~$100 on eBay) which isolate very well and do not leak very much, if at all. They sound great and are very comfortable. Good bass response that does not overshadow the mids and highs- very enjoyable with wide variety of music- jazz, rock, classical...
The Denon's are terrific, especially in the $5X.00 range. Great bass and smooth mids- the high's are pretty good as well. Very comfortable as well.
I exercise with my C551's all the time- no running though, just fast walking. They sound great! I hook the wire over my ear and do not think microphonics are an issue at all. They stay in place quite nicely.