or Connect

Posts by MadMike

Bottlehead Crack (no modifications, yet)- match made in heaven!!
Pretty sure it's analog.
Well, have only heard the Crack- I have it teamed up with a TEAC UD-301 Dac and the sounds is absolutely wonderful! Smooth and good punch- great sense of space and nice soundstage. This will keep me content for a long time! Adding the TEAC makes a big difference (I had the Audioengine D1 prior). 
I just got the UD-301- it replaces the Audioengine D1. It is feeding my Bottlehead Crack tube amp and HD-600 headphones. I have it hooked up through both USB and optical- mainly listening through optical connection (downloaded some DSD files and listened to them through USB). Most of my music is lossless (FLAC) with some 96/24 downloads from HDTracks. I have had it for a few day now and can safely say it is better than the D1. The clarity of the music is better and the...
 Funny, I have both of these headphones and I find the bass on the Mikros 90s to be quite satisfying though the positioning of the Mikros definitely affects the bass output. I enjoy both of the headphones- however, the M80s do not work well in noisy environments. The treble of the Mikros definitely beats the M80s treble. Midrange I give the edge to the M80s. Bass depends on the music- EDM and bass heavy music is better on the M80s but I prefer the bass of the Mikros for...
I have been intrigued by these headphones for some time but it wasn't until I saw them on Newegg for $39.99 + free shipping that I decided to pull the trigger. Glad I did! They came in a fairly nice box with a decent carrying case. Not sure if they are covered in leather or pleather, but the headphones look pretty nice. Upon placing them on my head, I noticed they were quite tight, but not excessively so- I have the V-Moda M80s so I am use to on-ear headphones (though the...
Sorry- thought I had posted this in the Martin Logan Mikros 90 thread!   I have been intrigued by these headphones for some time but it wasn't until I saw them on Newegg for $39.99 + free shipping that I decided to pull the trigger. Glad I did! They came in a fairly nice box with a decent carrying case. Not sure if they are covered in leather or pleather, but the headphones look pretty nice. Upon placing them on my head, I noticed they were quite tight, but not...
Originally Posted by irishsammy   My BH Crack was the first thing I had ever soldered in my life.    It took me 2 nights (about 6 hours total) to finish, not counting the time it took to cut and strip wire (the easy stuff), and I made 2 mistakes.  I fixed those 2 mistakes in about 20 minutes.    And then I had a functioning headphone amp that has turned out to be pretty much my endgame choice paired with Senn HD600s.  I sold a pair of LCD-2 headphones and a Woo...
You don't need to send in a warranty card- just include a copy of your receipt. My son had this same issue and V-Moda fixed the problem. I now have this problem as well! Thankfully, it is still under warranty- I will be sending them in very soon.
Your point being...? Have you heard both the D1 and the Modi? Trust me, they sound a lot more alike than they do different.