or Connect

Posts by MadMike

Going to need an enclosure of some type. Hi-rez compatible? I am sure once the iPhone 7 hits the streets, we are going to see a flood of adapter options hit the market. 
@ScottFW Thanks for the in-depth info!! Loving the UD-301 with the Nuforce HA-200!
Massdrop Amp is on the delivery truck!! Impressions on use of single amp with HE-400i and HD600 to follow.
If the headphone amp is anything like the headphone amp in the DTA-100a, forget about it- it's terrible.
I have the 400i and the HD600s- I rarely listen to the HD600s anymore, even though I have the Bottlehead Crack amp. The HE-400is are more resolving and airier with tight bass and a great midrange. While the HD600s have an equally great midrange, the bass is rather bloated in comparison and the sound stage is somewhat cramped in comparison.
Yes. When I open the player and have USB selected on the UD-301, then selecting Configure, then Device: select the "TEAC ASIO USB Driver".  It then allows you to choose between DSD over PCM or DSD Native.
I was listening to the 400i through my iPhone 6 Plus yesterday and I was impressed as hell- sounded really good! Loud enough for casual listening at least. 
I have both- I pair the HD600s with the Bottlehead Crack, while I listen to the 400i through my Teac UD-301 Dac/Headphone amp. Not much of a contest- the 400i sounds better in just about every aspect- soundstage is a little wider and definitely deeper. Instrument placement is more precise with the 400i. Bass is likely where the 400i completely dominates the HD600s- where on the HD600s the bass is there, its basically one note- very blurry and ill-defined. With the 400i,...
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but having read numerous posts about the 400i I do not believe anyone has reported receiving the original version with the screw-on connectors since the Black Friday sale began.
Mickey99   Hifiman HE-560 headphones