Posts by Shahrose

Having owned both, I think the Ref7.1 is just as good as the PWD MK2. They're very different, but I didn't come away thinking one is better than the other.   Ref7.1 = more bass, bigger soundstage, more neutral sound   PWD MK2 = more prominent and liquid mids, more microdetail, sound signature geared towards being musical rather than neutral (ie. warm, smooth and forgiving). The PWD was also more holographic in its imaging/layering, not that the R7.1 was bad. Only...
The album Enamoured by Bella Sonus is decent for synthetic bass. For natural stuff, I stick to organ music, but that provides bursts rather than drones of constant bass.
That Lustmord track is your test for bass? You need to find new music... (extrabigmehdi)   Even with the TH900 and HE6 that doesn't have much sub-bass. Find some proper organ music like Frank mentioned. There's also a lot of electronic music these days that really show off the low-end.
Yea, I've seen a lot of people move on to other cans only to come back to the 800s. Luckily, I knew from the get go these were better than the rest...that opinion has never changed.   I can understand why though. The 800s require time, patience and money to sound their best. I knew many who expected them to impress plugging them into lower end or poorly matched equipment.
It surprises me that people can enjoy cans several tiers below once they're accustomed to high-end. HD600 or even the AD2K after the TH900? For me, they'd hardly get any listening time, though I like both.
  Yea better than stock (SPC) and most copper cables IMO.       Won't be happening for me :)
  Only 25 hours on the TH900 and they're already changing for the better. Great cans, and spectacularly good for closed ones.  I take back the low-volume listening comment...they're good at high volumes too. They play in the same league as the 800 and HE6 (though the 800s are still my favourite).    As for the HD800 cables, people need to realize not all cables are created equal. The previous DHC flagship solid core cryo UPOCC silver was easily trumped by the new...
Copper for a smooth, liquid, forgiving sound. Silver for a high impact, punchy, more up-front, faster sound. My preference is usually silver for its greater accuracy and transparency, but with some harsher or lower-end gear, copper sounds better.   I keep both and just switch between the two, with silver getting the most listening time.
Nice headphones prep. The glossy version of Max's? I like both.   BTW, just got the TH900 today. Good headphones, but not as good as the HD800s (or HE6s). Nothing surprising. More suited for low-volume listening perhaps.
  Couple things. Read my post again please. I said if your power is bad, then conditioning and especially regeneration are beneficial. Otherwise, it's a waste of money...or atleast very poor value for your money.   Secondly, I've always found cheap power conditioners and especially surge protectors to harm SQ compared to directly plugging into a wall-socket. Once again, assuming you have decent power in the area to begin with.