Posts by Shahrose

Looks like you want the forgiving, rich quality of tubes with the technical ability of SS. The closest amp I can think of with that signature is the Beta22 (for the HD800). Large, layered soundstage. Smooth, warm, bassy sound, but with good speed, clarity and extension.
Up for sale is a mint condition Reference 7.1 I bought new from audio-gd a few months back. Paid taxes and extra shipping on this beast. My favourite DAC which I prefer over the PWD MK2 (owned and sold after comparing).   Selling to invest in a more expensive source potentially.   Price is $ + shipping. Paypal gift/non-fee or EMT please. Will ship to Canada/USA. Local sales welcome. Maybe open to trade + cash for Master 7, but otherwise no trades.
  Considering the M^3 with the newest opamps is now competitive with the Beta22, I definitely agree with you. I personally didn't like the V100. Not sure what the V200 is like.
    Very informative posts. Thank you to both.
Nice, now we can get a solid first-hand comparison of the PWD Mk2 and M7. I personally preferred the Ref7.1 to the Mk2 overall, though the latter did some things better.
True. Not denying what you claim, but just pointing out what's more likely.
  All the things you said about the HD800 vs LCD2 I felt with all my pairs of HD800s.   Another point, I very clearly remember people saying exactly what you're saying about their own pairs since SN # 9000+. Just last year, the 14000 and above were the golden batch, and every year it changes to become whatever people are getting at the time. It's been pretty funny to watch.   My answer is your gear and preferences are what's causing this sudden change of heart. I'm also...
Yea there have been instances where I've left my DAC on for 48 hours at a time. Doesn't do anything. Heat kills electronic components...just make sure you keep the DAC cool.
Haven't heard the 3s. Comment was aimed at the 2s.
  This is true IMO. It's not only the microdynamics, but in comparison to the HD800, they also lack subtlety, nuance and delicacy.