Posts by Shahrose

USB > NativeX Coax > NativeX (when using the outboard converters, the difference between Native and NativeX isn't as great as it is with USB)   I2S > Native (I2S does not work with NativeX)   NativeX improved the USB input for sure, but not always Coax. I thought the OR5 sounded slightly better sometimes without it and sometimes with it. More often, I preferred NativeX, so I just leave it on. With the MK3 JKSPDIF, it's up in the air, have to listen more to determine...
Tested the USB vs Coax input on the PWD MK2 (2.2.0). I stuck with the Dynahi for this for its transparency.   Fed by a fully upgraded OR5, there's a very significant and immediately noticeable increase in SQ. Soundstage is larger, imaging more focused, bass is tighter but simultaneously more extended and prominent. There's also just more detail retrieval, more air around instruments. The treble is more liquid and extended without any harshness. USB sounds flat and...
All 3 of the amps you have (or will have) are good. With the P/V, the Shuguang is my choice for the HD800 if you want a darker, bassier sound. Your other tubes aren't bad either, just not as dark. Beta22 is the bassiest of the three, with the largest soundstage and fairly smooth sound. The Dynahi is my favourite amp, but with some sources it can easily sound the worst of the bunch.   When you get the HD800s, remember to carefully take off the stock cable and throw...
  Congrats. Big step up from your current cans...   Suggestions? Start collecting funds for a source and amp.
Foobar2000 - Windows 7
  Quoting an old post, but very true. KS and WASAPI in Windows sound different too and it's clear to me. Even with lower end gear I can normally hear it.   KS sounds a bit prominent in the lower treble. WASAPI is more relaxed there. There are some subtle differences in soundstage and attack as well. I have preferred either one at different times over the years. Depends on the associated equipment.
    Bingo.     I have DHC's RS silver for the 800s. It's higher quality and way more expensive than the SD V3, but I'm not sure of the SQ difference as I haven't compared. I know RS was better than all previous silver cables I had.     Yes, the LCD-2 is (IMO wrongly) considered to have better bass by some.   Just a disclaimer BTW to have a proper source and amp before spending money on a revealing silver cable. It can make mediocre gear sound even worse.
Earlier I mentioned my findings with the SD V3 on the HE6. I wasn't waiting for burn-in, but it happened, and the HE6 have just kept sounding more and more incredible. I was switching back and forth between this and the Q-audio but the Q slowly saw less time each session. Now it's in the drawer.   Silver HE6 are now tied with the silver cabled HD800 as my favourites. These things do bass like nothing else out there, and now their speed, imaging, layering and detail...
I no longer own the 1840s even though I liked them. In fact, I thought they were among the best (overall) in their price range at their MSRP.   Anyways, some parting thoughts before I leave the thread for good. For the new folks: Listen to experienced folks. Check what people are comparing the headphones to and what they have actually owned. Check their ancillary equipment to see if they are even feeding the headphones properly. Not all opinions are equal, or atleast...
  Yea surprisingly, good quality silver made both the HD800 and HE6 better. Rock solid, tight bass, focused imaging and no more peakiness in the frequency response. Copper sounds smeared and slow in comparison, though I keep copper cables handy for when I want a relaxing/forgiving sound.