Posts by productred

I jumped onto the DITA bandwagon after quite an extensive demo. I ended up purchasing the Truth Edition, partly for a few rather minor audible differences which may or may not be psycological, partly for the apparent better durability (and looks) of the cable, but (I guess) mostly for the peace of mind factor.   Some audio bliss it is~
Just curious, anyone opened up one of these babies and hv a peep at the innards?
After spending more time with the VK1 I think I can summarily conclude that this is my favorite on-ear headphones by a pretty large margin.   It may involve tuning my (and your) ears to the tonality of the VK1 a bit, and it may involve a healthy burn-in process, but after some quality listening what I hear is: a punchy, deep, linear bass that extends low BUT is not boomy or distracting at all, a natural-sounding and detailed mid-range which stands out from the other...
I'm usually someone who diss cans with a "relaxed" sound signature as this is usually synonym of dark sound, slow bass and a lack in details.   But having spent a few nights with the VK1 on the road I'd say this is a very special pair indeed, with a relaxed sound sig perfectly suitable for after work chillout BUT at the same time boasts plenty of details, warm and airy mids, and unobtrusive shimmer up high. Bass is a bit slow but not too thick or overpowering - it may...
I think to sum up the Parterre's sound in a few words: clean, delicate, transparent, mids-sweeter-than-neutral and balanced.   As opposed to 334: rich, full-bodied, hard-hitting, sharp, beefy and on the bassy side of balanced.   Two presentations, both truly top-notched I'd say. Make one wonder why other manufacturers can't get similar level of performance out of similar driver configurations.
Happy new owner of the excellent Parterre says hi~~   After an extended audition between the 334 and the Parterre, the Parterre was what I took home with, for its extra airiness, better balance, less aggressive overall sound (the 334 is aggressive in both mid-bass and mid attack I think..........which still sounds excellent but led to some fatigue), unmasked highs (I think the 334 highs is on par with the Parterre but may be masked by some of its mids sound) and a more...
Just got the MA750i with the intention of pairing it exclusively with my iphone. Pretty impressive sound quality after a brief 20 hours burn-in. Balanced with nicely extended highs. Good synergy with the iphone - the somehow thick mids and lower-mids compensates for the less-meaty iphone midrange, striking a nice tonal balance and timbre in the vocals. Haven't tried it with nicer sources though.
After spending quite some time with my Sui, I jumped at the opportunity to get a set of Kuro.   On first listen it is very apparent that it comes from the same family as the Sui. Rather clinical, extremely detailed and very revealing, and rather bright sounding which suits me fine.   The most noticeable change switching from Sui to Kuro is the deeper bass and a tiny bit fuller lower mids. One biggest gripe on the Sui is the rather tame lower mids resulting in some male...
I just got a BTG Starlight for my Stage 4, retiring my ALO SXC24.   Sonically I think they are on the same level, maybe because both are SPC, but the BTG are miles ahead in terms of practical use on the go. The ALO is just way too stiff and springy.
 One thing I'd like to see improved though is the Ocharaku can............although it looks great, it's not a very practical portable solution for carrying the earphones around - it's too big to fit in any pocket and the earphones knocking on the wall of the can (not lined with foam or anything) produces an annoying noise.