Posts by productred

BTW with my last Parterre I used the stock 001 cable exclusively, out of my AK100 and occasionally amped.   Now with my new Parterre I'm using the 000 cable (20% for sonical improvement 80% for peace of mind) balanced (200% for sonical improvement) out of my AK120ii balanced out. I'm never so close to saying I have in my possession my ideal portable combo the market had ever offered up to now.
 Agree, I'm in more or less the same situation with both the Parterres and the Roxannes with me now. But if I'm to choose one of them to stay, right now I'd pick the Parterres. The wonderful balance, the almost perfect coherence and boundless extension towards both end of the FR range, natural presentation of the mids (rather than the more highlighted, tiny bit shouty and attention-seeking mids of the 334), delicate presentation of micro details and the sonorous perception...
I had sold my Parterre, bought the 334, lived with the 334 for a couple of months, sold the 334, lived Fitear-less for a few months, then here I am listening to my new Parterres..........can't be happier
 After the screen stuck at that logo for an hour, I finally decided to reboot, thx god that works and now it's upgrading normally............and when it's working normally it's a breeze.
Anyone updated from 0.95 to 0.96? What's the experience like?   I'm now updating, the screen is now showing the treble clef logo for a bit too long for my liking, so it that normal? No progress shown whatsoever. Just the treble clef.
 I don't really want them to make a BA iem............From boutique manufacturers like Dita and Rhapsodio it's very clear that there're still a lot of potential to be explored in dynamic drivers design, it's just that developing a truly high-end dynamic driver design would be so costly that it's a route the conventional big-named manufacturers would not take. One thing I'd like Dita to improve upon the Answer design is its looks: while its elegant and extremely well-made,...
 Funny enough half of my comments above are from pairing the M with the Truth XD The other half is further divided in half by my Stage 4 CM and the Grado Bushmills
 I have heard one with old firmware (not sure if it is 0.5 or 0.6) and I have now with me my own M with 0.95. To my ears the M with 0.95 improved VASTLY in SQ, and the highlight of the improvement is in the already rather full sounding mids. It got the most realistic mids and vocals a portable DAP had ever produced to my ears, in both fullness, weight and timbre. Accuracy and musicality in their fullest harmony. YES it's mids to die for. Other than the mids, the...
 Me also playing the Dita Truth out of the Calyx M, excellent synergy I'd say, the M alone is even more powerful than my previous fav combo of AK100+Kojo Km01, monstrous detail level, a lot of air and a large and believable soundstage (the AK+Kojo combo added a bit sweetness to the mids while the Calyx M sounds more neutral with the Truth...........more like the truest truth XD)
 I compared these two side by side before pulling the plunge on the Calyx, so I gotta agree wholeheartedly. After an hour or so of testing I really can't think of any reason why I should prefer the AK120 to the Calyx, despite the AK's somewhat more futuristic design and the more stable UI. The gap in sound quality alone is HUGE. And despite what I said about the Calyx UI being a bit immature and a tiny bit unstable, I have to say it has great potential. It is one of the...