Posts by productred

For those who are contemplating buying the new heaven vii and viii, I strongly recommend you guys to audition both before deciding. Let's say the 8 is the pinnacle of the FAD tunning of its single BA setup - i.e. FAD to the extreme, which is quite a quirky and, um, unconventional tuning.   Impressions of the 8 in a few words: - Very airy - Very fat mids, but a bit unfocused - Funky FR........the vocals sounds totally out of proportion from the other part of the music....
Yes the treble qualities are rather unanimously agreed to be among the very best on the market. The view on its bass qualities are quite diversed tbh, but the trebles (and actually the mids) are basically loved by everyone who tried on my 2 pairs (to be fair, that "everyone" means only around 7 to 8 living in my area, but they got different music tastes and fav genres so I guess the results are quite objective).   BTW IM02 is wholly free from sibilance to...
Having lived with the MSR7 for quite some time now, I'm quite happy to report that:   1. I absolutely love the vocal presentation, it's the most natural and somewhat intimate kind of presentation, and vastly detailed at the same time. In fact this is the most unanimous comment I got, besides my own view, when I ask other head-fiers to try these on. Female vocals especially shine on these babies. 2. The trebles are ooooooo so good, slightly sparkly, one of the best...
Yes and the internals are exactly the same
 I'll have to leave the results of amp pairing to others as I never intend to amp the MSR7. I intend to use it with my ultraportable/portable rig that only consist of my AK120ii, and it fares really well with the AK. I've also tried the MSR with iphone and it's rather satisfactory.
Finally I got the LTD as well..................so I now got 2 MSR7s. While I'm sure MSR7 shares the same heritage with M50 somehow, I never got to like M50 too much. M50x was much better but still something wasn't right........I put it as to the timbre mostly, as some instruments tend to sound unnatural and while generally the layering ability is fine,  some congestion is found in specific frequency ranges. The MSR7, on the other hand, is much more open and transparent...
Did I make it sounds like they got a narrow soundstage? No its soundstage is actually quite impressive. Not as wide as some of us may like, but really quite impressive for a portable size closed back.
I'm not too familiar with the M500 apart from a brief demo session around the time of its release, which was quite a while ago. I didn't recall any wow factor back then, but obviously the M500 wins in ultraportability and possibly comfort too, with the MSR7 being quite a bit heavier. But soundwise I think MSR7 offers a bit more of everything. Maybe someone more familiar with the M500 can do a better comparison.   OK now I may be tempted to get the LTD version as well,...
One note tho: definitely not a bass head cans. It's a very clean and balanced presentation. I think its a presentation that no one can object to, but not the fun sound some may be after. It's fidelity oriented.
Nope I got it in Hong KongThe limited red version is also available but while I kinda like the metallic red, the gold accents make them kinda gaudy looking....and I AM a limited version freak lol