or Connect

Posts by productred

I've got the original, the anniversary and the white editions. The white version even got a nice round case that fits the folded ball way better than the original vinyl bag, which was also included.
 I have been enjoying my Valoq with the opa627au for the past few weeks. This week I'm trying out my new Kumitate Trio which is rather crisp sounding, and I have just swapped back for the Muses02 for a (theoretically) nicer match.
 Venturecraft had mentioned they can actually simply place a noise suppressing circuit to the output like everyone else did then there'd be no pop whatsoever, but they opt for more transparency and resolving power, both of which must inevitably be hampered by the circuit to some extent. Whether one buy this theory is up to you. But for me my sequence of starting up my listening sessions is always 1. switch on the player 2. plug in the earphones 3. put the earphones on 4....
 Nice writeup as always! Not sure if Dimitri had updated the loaner Valoq to the latest firmware - saying this cos Venturecraft releases firmware updates very frequently in the first two months or so, and after a couple of updates the lags during scrolls become pretty much non-existent. I am positive I haven't met any such lags in my past few weeks of use, and together with small fixes the browsing has become much smoother with very few to no glitches. Now the user...
 Looking forward to it thanks
 To be honest for someone lazy as me I am happy to pay a premium for VC's PCB and soldering work alone, but for the 627BM's case the premium they asked for is really way over the top. But anyway I think I can settle for the OPA627AU for quite some time.
 Thanks for the info. VC, thanks but no thanks.
One question: Would the limited edition K10U rose gold be individually numbered? Just want to know.......
 Same concerns here..................switched to the 627AU last week from the Muses02 and this is a sound signature I really dig. I think the Muses02, besides being more economical, would be sonically preferable to some as the sound is somewhat bigger and bit more enveloping than the 627AU but then the 627AU sounds like it has more fidelity, reveals more inner details, besides being as powerful as the 02. To sum up my experiences with the two in one word for each, Muses02...
 The stock cable is pretty transparent by itself. Linum BaX adds quite a bit of bass weight to the mix. I shuffle between the BaX and the AK Crystal Cable Next with the T8ie. The Crystal Cable + T8 combo is the endgame transparency monster.............it is almost unimaginable until the T8 that such could be said about a dynamic driver iem. The T8 is VERY sensitive to any change in the chain: be it source, connection or iem cable. You can't go wrong with the BaX, although...