or Connect

Posts by Bostonears

Is it true that the database library can only hold 8,000 songs, even though a 128GB memory card could hold much more?
On many PCs, only certain USB ports retain power during sleep mode, and in some cases the BIOS will let you configure whether or not ports retain power.
I'd also like to know about support for externally created playlists, such as from iTunes or MediaMonkey. (I have no interest at all in creating playlists on a portable device.)
Any plans to create a PC/Windows version of Dapper?
Anybody know if the Opus #1 supports playlists created externally (i.e. in iTunes, MediaMonkey, etc.)?
For sale is one Astell & Kern AKS01 Docking Stand for use with AK100, AK120, AK100 MK2, or AK120 MK2 audio players, i.e. the original AK form factor. (This stand is NOT for use with AK100 II, AK120 II, or any of the newer Astell & Kern models.) This docking stand is brand new in the factory sealed box. See product info at http://www.astellnkern.com/eng/htm/accessory/aks01.asp.   Price is $99 including shipping within the USA. (Sorry, but at this time I am not looking to...
My desktop amps are neither big, nor clunky, but they sound fabulous. I have yet to hear a portable amp that I like the sound of better than my CEntrance DACmini driving HiFiMan HE-560. The actual issue for me isn't impedance, it's sensitivity. The HiFiMan planar magnetic phones are somewhat unusual in that they're 45 ohms impedance, but have very low sensitivity of only 90db, so they're quite power hungry. I now see that the Fostex TH-X00 are rated at 94db sensitivity,...
I'd be more inclined to buy these if they were higher impedance. I have no intention of ever taking phones like these on the go, and I can barely crack the volume knob on my desktop amps when using low impedance phones.
The e18 routinely sells for $159 at online retailers, so you're basically getting the ex1 for an extra $20. The ex1 sells for $69 everywhere, so you're saving about $50 on this deal.