Posts by takezo

with the weaker yen, it's only $3400 now from pricejapan... someone stop me...  
it is rebranded by national electronics but i can't identify the maker. please share your insight. thanks  
  shostakovich, stravinsky, brahms and mahler has never sounded as amazing as on the lcd3 unit that i currently possess, and i've owned the he6, hd800 and auditioned a bass-lite r10 for two weeks in the past. the r10 and hd800 certainly presented a larger soundstage and better imaging characteristics but both failed to transfer the tactile solidity of the cello/kontrabass present in these symphonic works in a concert setting. the lcd3 also presents schnittke's...
thanks for the good read.   this reminds of the late 90's with the hd600 vs k701 battles...  
can anyone share their impressions/comparisons of the th900 and the denon d7000, especially the mids? are the mids as recessed as some are saying?
arnaud,   don't know about that... でも、いいと思います。 here are the freq. graphs prior and current:  
i've had the rma'd lcd3 for about 5 days now and one of the biggest surprise is the fact that low level listening is possible with these now. prior to the rma, low level listening was not one of its strong points. i've sold off all of my lcd2 versions, so this is from memory, but i'm fairly certain they did not sound anything as good as these at low volumes.
update to my rma unit:   audeze has returned my unit with new transducers and thankfully the sound i'm hearing thru it is outstanding. much more presence and what seems to be a more transparent presentation compared to when i had them a week ago. it's very apparent on chi il bel sogno di doretta by montserrat caballe where the soprano unleases here delicate prowess in the higher octaves. it sounded subdued and too polite before, but now it has presence and...
thanks, icenine2