Posts by takezo

Sold   for sale is a near-mint condition Koss ESP-950 electrostat headphone with the E-90 energizer and all original accessories for $sold.. i am the second owner of this set. it has no issues and no hint of the infamous "squealing". oh yeah, it has the life-time warranty from koss in wisconsin.   i'm not interested in trades; working to move up to the sr-009.   i will sell to international members but i won't send to mainland china nor italy; the...
i think the he6 is an excellent can when powered by a properly functioning and correctly biased vintage pioneer sa9100. it scales much better than the lcd2.2; not even in the same arena actually. but the lcd3 is in the same breath as the he6 with even less current being delivered. both excels in resolution and transparency. the he6 being mid treble tilted and the lcd3 being mid bass tilted. i didn't notice much treble etch when powered by the reconditioned...
audeze customer service is exceptionally good. they can take several days for the initial response though.   have you tried measuring the impedance for both channels via the connectors? they should be matched. any multi meter will do.  
you may want to check for imbalance one more time, but, this time use a mono recording just to eliminate another variable.  
Sold   Interest Check for a Rma'd LCD3 headphone set in unopened box, which was received on the 28th of may. Serial number is 2614544. the box will remain unopened for the immediate future.   the package remains unopened and contains a used but MINT condition LCD3 with all new accessories and new earpads (cables and earpads kindly replaced with new unused set by audeze). The transducers/drivers were replaced in february of 2013 with latest batch. it...
hi, i think you already have a good setup. you'll probably see more improvement on the hd650 if you recable them balanced and get a balanced source and amp, but it will probably cost you more than you'd want to spend.   you will get  improvement across the board with the lcd2 but it is much heavier and even less airy. if you're adventurous, you may want to get the koss esp-950 electrostatic as they are very good for classical recordings of mahler and...
with the weaker yen, it's only $3400 now from pricejapan... someone stop me...  
it is rebranded by national electronics but i can't identify the maker. please share your insight. thanks  
  shostakovich, stravinsky, brahms and mahler has never sounded as amazing as on the lcd3 unit that i currently possess, and i've owned the he6, hd800 and auditioned a bass-lite r10 for two weeks in the past. the r10 and hd800 certainly presented a larger soundstage and better imaging characteristics but both failed to transfer the tactile solidity of the cello/kontrabass present in these symphonic works in a concert setting. the lcd3 also presents schnittke's...