Posts by tamahome77

Just got these back after a frustrating 13 months wait for Joe to upgrade my pair.  He charged $2000 for the upgrade and I spent an extra $200 usd for other associated fees.  Total upgrade came to $2200usd.  Unfortunately, I invested too heavily on this pair of headphones and would like to sell it to recover some money back.  Joe told me that the headband, cable, and drivers (non-NOS) have been replaced.  These upgrade HP1000 have better clarity and fuller sound than the...
It's sold.  Thanks for the extra bump guys.  These are amazing sounding headphones.  The imaging and micro detail is the best I've heard in a closed dynamic pair of headphones.  I will definitely miss these but maybe I'll pick up the pandora X in the future.
I know what you mean regarding the HD800. The HD800's tone is a bit off and sounds clinical. It makes instrument sound a little fake compared to a more natural presentation from the w3000.
Some good news today on progress being made  Something happened over the week that somehow changed Joe's attitude and he became more reasonable.  He's much more calm, clear and friendlier now.  Even though I still have to pay the remaining fairly big amount, it seems like I maybe getting my headphones back.  He's got 3 more pairs to upgrade and is going to work on them.  He said it'll take him a day to upgrade each pair once he gets going.
I've emailed Joe but he never replies via email. I might be able to get some assistance but atm I would have to stay patient and wait. If all things fail, I would probably take detour while going on a trip to USA but by that time my headphones may be gone.
He called me again today and told me his bank does not want him to give out his account number for wiring and just send the certified cheque over night. This time the amount is $1590.92usd. He denied calling me a few days ago and giving me a quote of 1161.52usd. He said for each week that has passed that he didn't receive the money, he'll increase it by $100 and in a few weeks, he threaten to put my headphones up for sale. I told him that I've been waiting for 1 whole...
Joe just called me and wanted me to send him $1161.52usd ($1340cad) in addiion to the $1250 ($1330cad) I sent him. He said the $1250 is just to "get started" on the upgrade. So $1050 to "normalized" the headphones, $60 for the headbands (mounting & alignment) and flat shipping USPS rate of $44.52. He said to make things quicker instead of sending it to his PO BOX, go to my bank and get a certified bank cheque and have them wired it to his Bank of America account at...
I'm looking for the audio-gd c-2, or c2.1 or c-2.2 amp for use at office.  Looking for the 120V version.  If you have one that you would like to sell, please feel free to let me know.
I have a pair of old school (Vintage A?) grado RS-1 that has its drivers and cables replaced by Grado Canada Warranty & Services.  They originally had pink drivers but one side didn't work so I had to send it in for replacement.  Both drivers and cable have been replaced.  The cable was replaced with the new thicker 8-conductor cable.  Please note that the right rod tip has been replaced with a plastic one whereas the left rod tip cover is metal material.  Headphones are...
I was thinking the same thing.  Well, I heard that he's aware of the SR-009 and the Abyss and is aware of their prices.  He mentioned that he's heard some multi-thousand dollar headphones and they sounded like crap to him-- nothing like his improved HP1000s.  He kept mentioning on how his headphones would go for $3000-$5000 dollars on ebay. He can price his upgrades whatever price he wanted to.  That's no problem to me as long as he informs people before hand how much the...