Posts by jgazal

Is there any problem using a 6ca7 with beam confining electrode instead of a more traditional suppressor grid?
Thanks n3rdling, dude_500 and chinsettwong.    I knew spacers need to insulate stators and diaphragm, but I did not know the Lamda series had brass rings. So do they use electrical insulating coating at the rings or stators?   I have been a fool trying to figure out what is happening, because there are too many variables…
I have been reading the SR-009 imbalance thread and I think it is better to post my questions here. Humidity, diaphragm tension and diaphragm coating resistivity were already mentioned in this thread. But humidity is usually mentioned as a factor when using the drivers and I have not found any mentions of the relationship between humidity and the coating process. This article describes the effects of humidity in very sensitive production processes:   Do you feel from your...
Thank you for sharing with us. I was thinking the climate at the test room in the manufacturer facility (or even the initial logistic path) and not in the several climates of typical consumers in northern hemisphere. It is just that I feel very curious about the causes of such imbalance. This is an humidity chart for Tokyo: 
 Do PJ register an increase of imbalance repair claims particularly in August? Did they tell you this behavior repeat every year?
I do not know about the circuit, so you will have to wait until someone technically inclined to give you a hint, but I once had dull response from an electret capsule just because I soldered them with a high wattage solder iron, probably melting the diaphragm.   I see your project further modify the electret capsule, so you may need to use a temperature controlled iron and to touch the pins as fast as possible. Such mod exposes the electret to more heat and it seems...
 As far as I understand, spritzer means that a class A amplifier is working in a linear region (less distortion).  If you have a more powerful electrostatic amplifier, you do not want to increase the volume, but keep it at the listening levels you are used to and it will work in a region that is even more linear than the less powerful amplifier. Consider an amplifier A (max output of 28w) and an amplifier B (max output of 280W), then in both a conservative listening level...
@analogsurviver how much current the german sennheiser HEV90 sinks?
wakibaki in black humor mode?  
  @eric65    What would happen if you fire a pink noise and use a real time analyzer instead of single sine waves and a decibilimeter?    If you do not want pink noise, then imagine two setups playing the same classical music track:   Tubes directly coupled to electrostatic transducers; and Tubes to transformers and then transformers to electrostatic transducers.   Then imagine two microphones and two graphic equalizers, each one coupled to the transducers of...