or Connect

Posts by jgazal

When I first saw the integrated box and how unaesthetic it was to me, I started to believe they might have a good reason to adopt and I can't think anything else than to act similarly to a humidity control cabinet.
I remember how fascinated I was when I first read this: Notes on DIY Electrostatic Headphones RIP. 
This statement seems unfair to me considering:On the other hand,You are a gentleman in the old-fashioned way. Thank you for posting here.
Is there an impedance vs. frequency graph for the 009, 007 and lambdas? Does the 007 have higher impedance at higher frequencies?
What does "tube regulated" mean?
What are the natural resonance frequencies of a stainless steel stator, a quartz glass stator, a ceramic compound stator and a FR4 PCB stator?Can one speculate that natural resonance frequencies of a stainless steel stator are in the treble and mid range while from a FR4 PCB stator are in the bass and mid range?If a signal coherent with the natural resonance frequencies of a peculiar stator is synthesized and played, how many dbs come from the diaphragm and how many come...
Why the vast majority of electrostatic amplifiers seems to have at least three stages if only 5 volts would drive the last transistor stage connected to a, i.e., 800 volts power supply rail?
So forgive me. Not useful. Just genuine curiosity. Would like to grasp what designers can do to improve electrostatic transducers.
Considering Stax portfolio evolution, what would be next step?An improved SR-007 adopting the 009/L700/L500 metal arc and multi layer electrodes, while retaining the current SR-007 ear cups, ear pads and its peculiarities, such as rotating ear cups, unperforated stator edges and thicker spacers?So in order to unleash full performance of such hypothetical new headphone, does Stax need first to develop the high power amplifier you mentioned?
Does the integrated amplifier stage explain the cable choice?