Posts by jgazal

1. I believe there is an ADC right after the microphone input preamp. The parameters are digitally stored (PRIR occupy few kb?) and inserted into the function.2. I thought that you knew what the algorithm does, but you just couldn't figure out, as anyone else, what are the equations and parameters they use.3. IMHO that is what a recording microphone does. Some better than others.4. That is somehow what the Realiser does, but it is intrinsically merged with the playback RIR...
1. If two heads with the same diameter result in more and less the same ITD (correlation between head diameter and distance between the ear drums), do you think that pinna format are more and less the same and then there is also a direct correlation between head diameter and pinna size so that ILD are similar? Do you think reflections from the torso also change the ILD and can contribute to make the ILD from these two individuals with same head diameter a little...
Thank you for posting that explanation.Suppose you have your own HRTF measured with two stereo speakers in a low reverberation room (anechoic) and you set the Realiser to not add cross-talk at convolved output.Do you think the elevation cues - filtered by the binaural head and torso microphone transfer function - only change the listener perception of elevation of a recorded point source (in other words, the listener understand that the source is above or under 0 degree,...
@rabandAccording to A8 manual, you need to "place the set-top in a location which will be directly in front of the listener, at 0° azimuth. In many cases this will mean above or below a video screen".
I guess someone has already asked that. Try here: https://soundcloud.com/hcfr-podcast/hcfr-le-podcast-tech-v32-entretien-avec-stephen-smyth
That depends on how the exchange market for PRIR will evolve.In other words, how much profit the owner of a recording/mixing studio can earn by allowing good faith A16 users (i.e. those that will not violate the copyright) to undertake measurements in such dedicated room instead of renting it to other purposes (such as musicians trying to mix their recordings).If there is no user demand or the copyright is violated by them, the market will not evolve and you will not find...
To purchase and have them personalized at the Smyth Research Exchange site.Sure one can donate the measurement made in his/her room for others to personalize.But I am also glad that studios can sell their brir's with copyright to encourage investments in acoustics and equipment.http://www.smyth-research.com/vaxchange.html
@phoenixdogfan I don't believe the computiing power of a PC is a bottleneck. Maybe users find a dedicated box more convenient. Some users buy minidsp processors to run Dirac filters. Professor Edgar Choueiri opted for a dedicated box to run his Bacch filter at a considerable higher price. New entrants may prove that a software based solution has lower cost, sells more and thus grants more profits. As you said, we'll have to wait them to catch-up. Cheers.
I already have binaural microphones.What software would you recommend to play sweeps, process and create an spatial acoustic data file format (in AES69-2015 standard for instance)?Does any of the before mentioned off-the-shelf head tracking devices use such AES69-2015 data file to filter audio and video files in real time?IMHO, new entrants are always welcomed to improve competition.But do they know how to program an algorithm that interpolates the HRTF between the...