Posts by Barry

Cool. I know that iaudiophile has some threads that detail how to use the program to unbrick a D2.
Sorry about your brick, but I do have an idea. There is a program called tcctools that can unbrick D2s. I suggest you go to iaudiophile.net and use the search function for tcctools to find the program and instructions. I would insert a pointer to it but I am on a handheld and cannot. Good luck Barry
To me, this all begs the question of what is real. Is what is produced from the sound source the reality or is my hearing, including any associated perceptions real? Or are they both real? I think that they are, but what makes me the happiest are the things that I hear, including any perceptions - whatever they are. I would much rather focus on the things in real time during a life event (as opposed to an experiment) that I hear than on the things that I measure. But...
Reading through this thread, it seems that many of us start from the assumption that scientific studies "prove" differences or lack of differences in audio components. I wish it were so - the world would quickly migrate towards the "best" components. Science is valuable, but it is far from perfect and the application of science to human perception is even less perfect. I work in a field that is based on the results of peer reviewed, scientifically constructed...
I have mild high frequency loss and am wrestling with the same question. You might try a DAP or Rockbox with a flexible EQ and talk with your audiologist about the settings that would compensate for your hearing loss. Alternatively, you might try a brighter sounding DAP. The ipod Classic comes to mind as does the D2. Recently, I auditioned the Sony X-1061. I don't think that it is especially bright, but neither is it rolled off and the dynamic sound offers enjoyment...
On the one hand, we would love for things to be perfect, I can imagine some dismay at the typo. I can also imagine that Todd and Grado might be a bit embarrassed about this. On the other hand, this is not the typical product. It is a one-off product designed to celebrate us and to offer us something special. This is a thank you product and I appreciate it. I don't know anything about Grado's manufacturing operations, but I would guess that this product, more than the...
I have a similar take. I listen in real life conditions, with real life rooms, real life perceptions and real life subjective impressions. Just like most people can't tell the difference between coke and pepsi in a blind taste test (has been tested) but just about everybody I know has a distinct preference and will swear by their preference, people also experience audio in real life differently than they do in blind test conditions. I believe that choice in taste, like...
I absolutely hear differences in amps, and less often, in cables. Sometimes the differences are small, sometimes they are significant. Design, parts quality and build quality does bear fruit. The challenge I have is to avoid the hype and trust my ears. The only suggestion that I have is for each of us to trust our own ears. While an experienced listener can suggest aspects of the sound that we might listen for, I think that it is a mistake for us to use the experience...
Youse guys are great. How can I not drive to north jersey. Thanks.
Agree that he was a terrific character actor. And pitchman. Like portable audio "don't leave home without it". (a memorable tag line from his American Express commercials).