Posts by Barry

The same reason that people test drive a car on city roads and highways rather than a controlled driving track. They want to make sure that the car is right for them based on how it feels during day-to-day driving. If you can listen to abstract sources and make the translation to how the phone plays music, then more power to you. While I have not tried it, I would not think that I could make that translation. I don't think that most people can. But then again, you...
I am guessing that you have listened to both the Classic and the Touch. I have not heard the Touch, but found the Classic headphone out very disappointing - somewhat detailed but lifeless. I found both the D2 and the Sony X 1061 much more musical and involving. The D2 build quality is good, but not great while the Sony seems like a durable bit of kit. As far as build and durability in difficult environments, would not the flash memory be more physically robust than...
I just accepted very quick delivery of an E5 amp from Dae. Very quick delivery, great communications. The rest of my life should be this easy.
If you don't mind clip ons, I just listened to the G2A over the weekend and they make a great portable phone. I can't vouch for any leakage, however. With an amp, the G1As were better, but much more money.
I do suggest that people with an interest in these kinds of things read the article. To begin with, the article offers no documentation but notes its main thesis with the qualifer "reportedly" But there is a bigger issue here. Folks may agree or disagree with the policy alluded to in the article, but I wanted to clarify it. The article refers to the H1N1 vaccine. You probably all know that there has been and will be again an epidemic that has resulted in significant...
There is so much "magic science" and misinformation given out by vaccine opponents. It saddens me that some of that is shared here. For example, I would welcome any controlled trial that showed that vaccines give the person the disease they prevent against. Simply not true. Also, vaccine manufacturers are not given blanket protection against lawsuits. Simply not true. Read the court dockets. Time and again, large scale studies show that approved vaccines are the...
Thank you for reminding me about the search function. Searches did not provide me with information to answer my question. I know that both interfaces can be customiEd cosmetically, but I am more concerned about the actual processes used to browse albums, choose what to play, make playlists, etc. The D2 is awkward in those areas while the Sony, iPods, etc are more convenient. Where does the S9 fall in this continuum? Thanks.
I am currently auditioning a Sony X1061 and I like it fine. The motivating force behind upgrading from my D2 is, however, not the sound. The sound of the D2 is very good - different from the Sony - but I am not always sure which I prefer. Prob the Sony, but not by much. The UI of the D2 does frustrate me. It is difficult to find albums, and too many button pushes to get things done. How is the S9 UI compared to the D2. I have read that they tweaked it, but I have...
And thanks to all of us at the meet. It was a great time. I learned a lot and just plain enjoyed the company of youse guys. I should have taken notes of my listening. I do know that I just loved the HF-2 phones and hope that there could still be one more for me. I also very much liked the Woo Audio amps. The 22 and the 5 (two chassis unit - I forgot the letters after the five. Maybe ES?) Anyhow great stuff and I wish that the 6 was there - closer to my...
Quote: Originally Posted by immtbiker So, just to clarify, they let you out on a day pass in order to attend this event? Most inpatient facilities only let patients out for family emergencies You do not give him enough credit. He clearly escaped! Picked a weird place to hide, however. And thanks for the pictures. We do win the award for the best looking head-fi meet........