Posts by rb67

I'll be in town from christmas until February. I'll be bringing my CKKIII if you are interested in listening to that. (I MAY bring my Bijou)
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule And to be honest I don't see much of a difference. In stats and numbers, at least. "Auto focus only with AF-S or AF-I lenses" would be the biggest technical difference. You will be limiting yourself in terms of compatible lenses, but it's not THAT big of a deal so.... (up to you). Basically what it is is there is no drive motor in the camera body for the AF. Thus, lenses that require a drive motor will...
The body is completely different as well as many many other things. My suggestion is to spend a few hours reading about them here: Nikon Digital Cameras: Digital Photography Review I would also recommend going to a store and just holding the cameras. They feel very different.
6MP and 10MP isn't as different as camera manufacturers would like to have you believe. I have had a D70 which is 6MP for the past 3 years and never felt that I wanted more. When you actually compare the image dimensions, the differences aren't that big. 3872 x 2592 (10.0 MP) vs. 3008 x 2000 (6.0 MP) However, I would lean towards the D80 due to the lens compatibility and other options Arainach mentioned. Also, and this is probably the most important thing, the D80...
Might I suggest also Stowa watches. They are an excellent value. They aren't quite Omega level, but they are very nice mechanical watches for the money with excellent craftsmanship. You would order directly from them. Customer service is said to be top notch, and the movement is easily serviced by any reputable watch repair center. Stowa Uhren ab Werk bestellen und online kaufen That being said, if you are willing to spend 1300, an Omega would be a great investment....
Another vote for thailand. My parents from there and it's a great place to visit. The US dollar still goes a long way there too.
I would take it. If you end up not liking it, you will have very good job experience you can put on your resume. You can always leave after a few years (but stay long enough to get reasonable experience and so you don't look like a quitter). I am assuming you are early in your career. This gives you a better chance of finding another job should you want to in the future. Working for a big name company like that is a huge boost to your resume. Move around when you're...
Numerical Methods on Monday, Combustion on Tuesday, Travel for apartment hunting on Wed. Graduation ceremony on Sun. Hypersonic Aerothermodynamics on the Tuesday after that. Sigh...
I own the SR-125 and had the SR-80's for about 2 weeks. I'd stick with the SR-80. The termination is a little more convenient unless you only have 1/4" jacks. In terms of sound, I didn't really hear much of a difference.
What an idiot. He can afford a car like that and can't afford some track time? Sad.