or Connect

Posts by mink70

Honestly, I'm not sure whether it's changed. The soundstage is still pretty vast for a closed headphone. I also have the AT 3000ANV here, and it doesn't even come close in terms of soundstage. I hear the Nightowl's soundstage as being wider than my HD650's as well (though, of course, the HD650 sounds more open).
I'm at 200 hours with the Nightowls and love them to bits. They are rich and creamy, and really open sounding for a closed headphone. They also excel at emotional engagement, the most important criterion for me, and at this they are better than any of the dozens headphones I've owned. Congratulations Skylar!    A few notes—the ultrasuede pads eliminate the bit of congestion I hear with the stock pleather pads, and shift the tonal balance upward toward the midrange. It's...
Hi, I'm hearing a slight channel imbalance in my pair of Annies. Anyone know how to address/fix this?   Never mind, figured it out. It was the pads not sealing.
Hi everone, I'm in the midst of some financial nonsense and selling my beloved Annies. This pair is a bit unusual.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/827786/fs-audio-technica-w3000anv-japan-with-balanced-option-alpha-dog-pads
Financial pressure is making me part with my beloved Annies, my favorite headphone. This one has a 4-pin Neutrik XLR plug installed in-line with the original cable and original 1/4" plug, giving the option of using it balanced or single-ended. There a few very tiny scuffs on the right cup (very difficult to convey in photos), but otherwise their condition is excellent.   The original leather pads are bit worn and flattened, and the pleather section of one of them (the...
I'm using a MacBook Pro with an SSD boot drive running the latest Audirvana + to send files to my Codex, and I found that both the Uptone Audio Regen and the AQ Jitterbug make huge differences to the sound. As does the choice of USB cables. Wish it weren't so, but it is. 
Had no idea. Apologies.
Man, with all due respect, can you please use capitalization, grammar and paragraph breaks, especially when writing at this length? You have a lot to say, and these are a bear to read.
 I, too, started with the Pono, which I continue to love. It's beguiling musicality is in my experience unique among portable devices. In general, I think one of the challenges in this hobby is making meaningful distinctions between sound and music, and one of the interesting things about Charlie Hansen is that he has thought a lot about making stuff that plays music, not just reproduces sound. Having said that, for me the Codex is just as engaging as the Pono, but offers...