Posts by Penchum

Quote: Originally Posted by Nidhogg22 Would DT-990 Pro 250ohms be a good idea with this amp? Hey Nid, I noticed that you were also looking at the MKV. Both amps should work well with your headphones. The question of the day is, "Do I want tube sound or Solid State sound?" There is a bunch of reading on HeadFi, that will help you decided which is more in line with your tastes. If you read my reviews closely, they will give you a good starting...
Quote: Originally Posted by kevinvisionm hello guys, my replacement amp just have been great but i feel it's a bit unbalanced. the sound on the right is a bit louder than the left. is anything i can do to help? thanks Try swapping the driver tubes first, and see if the imbalance moves with the tubes. If not, then swap the power tubes (large in back) and see if the imbalance moves with them. It usually isn't a big thing. The tubes will need 45...
Quote: Originally Posted by K3cT Right now I'm thinking of either the Earth or Moon at DAC and stock op-amps at the amp. I would recommend the "earth" in the DAC position. It has the most neutral signature, which many of us have found to be the best for DAC use. I'm using LT1364's in the headphone amp section, which works very well with my HD-650's.
Quote: Originally Posted by x_lk My Zero does give a audible hiss through my Grado SR60, when no music playing, volume is 3 o'clock and beyond. Quote: Originally Posted by MadMan007 I use mine with SR80s and yea when you crank it up there is a little hiss. But there is NO WAY I'd listen to it at those volume levels, I would be seriously afraid of damaging my hearing well below that volume position. I probably never go beyond 8...
Quote: Originally Posted by closdubois Pench: Went back on the site to see if I could find a description of or diagnosis for the problem that has cropped up with my Zero. After reading your review I purchased it modded with the 627 and 1364 ops and Alps pot from Lawrence in early Aug. this year. Burned it in for 150 hrs and then began listening. Enjoyed thoroughly for the past 3 months. Then last week, I heard a funny swishing sound in my phones...
Quote: Originally Posted by Henmyr That's not good news. But I've been using my LD MKIII for +8 hours lot's of times. I have not opened it up to see if there is a heat problem, but I have not had any problem with it yet. Well, before I did the resistor change for 6H30 family tubes, I was running my MKIII for 8 hours, then a cool down to room temps, then more 8 hour sessions and so on. I did this for at least 1000 hours total. When I took her apart...
Quote: Originally Posted by ScottieB Get better, Pench (assuming it is you you're talking about)! We'll help hold down the fort in the meantime.. Quote: Originally Posted by les_garten Hi, Thanx for the, Ahhh, clarification! Hope your issues get resolved to your satisfaction. Miss your input to this thread! Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words! Yep, it's about me and my titanium caged lower back. I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by Doorknob There's two light on the PCB and the headphone amp with the amp having much brighter lights. Also tried pressing those two things called mute and reset. Nothing. Here's the pics of my finished FrankenZero. Pictures.rar At Zero's full volume, without the phone amp turned on, there's little to no hiss. With the phone amp turned on there's a moderate amount of hiss. Not much but just felt worth noting. And for...
Quote: Originally Posted by sandchak Naa, its not the same, I think Burson HDAMs costs twice if not more than the Earth HDAM it uses, it might sound the same, but its not the same.. and then if you see the courteous mail I had written to him, I had asked him if it was Earth or Sun.. Anyway, I just found his reply not truthful and I pulled back from dealing with him.. Quote: Originally Posted by ScottieB You're right about the...
My wife has tinnitus, and she uses a simple relaxing technique that was posted here at HeadFi, some time ago. It works something like this: Put on your headphones, and adjust the volume so that it is several notches lower than your usual listening volume. Lay back and relax. Within a few minutes, the volume will seem to "increase" all by itself. Your ears will adjust to the lower volume and you shouldn't feel the need to increase the volume. Speculation on this...