or Connect

Posts by John_M

Interest registered. I'm sure you will still need to record PRIRs but luckily I can access a 22.2 setup...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/11369711/Why-your-expensive-headphones-will-be-obsolete.html
 The Realiser doesn't (and can't) do any decoding - it just passes the video straight through. And it needs the source device to transmit LPCM audio - it can't decode Dolby Digital or TrueHD or the DTS equivalents. It may be different with receivers but there's no noticeable lag...
 Not necessarily - it depends on the device. In general, surely if it is a 'passthrough' of the video, it shouldn't add lag? I currently play on a Realiser and can feel no additional lag at all. Admittedly that is only my subjective 'feel' rather than a proper test, but even if it is adding a couple of milliseconds (and I can't see any reason why it would if it is a pure passthrough) then the sound advantages easily outweigh it. I previously played on a Marantz AVR with...
Yep, I didn't say it was perfect. :) I also wonder whether the fact it only does HDMI 1.3a might cause a problem somewhere...
Still can't see why people aren't keener to go via HDMI (which will allow lossless surround sound).   How about this, if you have a PC handy:   http://www.asus.com/uk/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_HDAV13_Deluxe/   Sound card with an HDMI passthrough and Dolby Headphone. Can be had for a reasonable price on eBay. There's also a slimline version.   Unfortunately, from looking at the manual, it seems that this may only do 5.1 (and possibly upscale...
As I posted before, anyone who owns some SE535s is welcome to try my SE535 HPEQ file and judge for themselves. :)   However:   - It is not straightforward to create HPEQ files using Blu-Tac. You need to do it carefully and may need several tries. I created several different HPEQ files with Blu-Tac (with a slightly different seal each time) and compared them to each other to judge which one was the best. I played the front speaker only, as that is the most difficult to...
 I've never actually used Silent Cinema myself but had heard good reviews of it... maybe I overstated how good it would be. :)
Don't use the Mixamp or a DAC/ amp. Use the HDMI input into your RX V677 setting your PS4 to output LPCM (it will automatically output 7.1 surround sound, as it will detect that the receiver is capable of this). The HDMI passthrough shouldn't create lag judging by what other people with Yamaha receivers say (but be on the lookout in case it does...) As for headphones, probably the AKGs (?) Give this and try and say what you think - should be noticeably better than a Mixamp...
How did you create your HPEQ file? You're welcome to try them with mine...