Posts by John_M

Pics...    
Unopened. Bought from UK store and includes UK guarantee. £1,500 or best offer for pickup in Guildford or central London. Pics below...
Pics:    
Sorry, haven't been around for a while. This is still available. I'll post some pics now. Will drop price to £150 if someone picks it up from London/ Guildford.
I've found that changing the reverb value does improve a PRIR recorded in  bad room but it still does not become anywhere near as good as a PRIR recorded in a good room. If you're relying solely on a bad PRIR with tweaked reverb, you're seriously missing out IMHO.
Thanks for the replies. This isn't a complaint about the Realiser as I have no intention of using PRIRs recorded in "bad" rooms anyway - I just wanted to check there wasn't a problem with my microphones or something.   I think it should go down as a known "learning point" that people must only use PRIRs from a high quality listening environment. My high quality PRIR works fine. But the Realiser is extremely unforgiving on bad rooms and, in fact, makes them sound worse...
Glad to hear it's not just me. I have another PRIR taken in the listening room of a high end audio dealer, and it's fine - but it wasn't recorded on my own Realiser. Anywhere I myself have recorded a PRIR (in my non-acoustically treated flat) I've had the tinny reverb effect.
Hehe sorry.   Can someone please answer my question? I know I asked a lot but just focus on this one:   When creating a PRIR in a non acoustically treated room, do you find that you get an exaggerated, tinny reverb effect?   I'm about to book some expensive time in a high quality listening room and just want to check that I'm not doing anything wrong, and that there's nothing wrong with my equipment.
Come on now, really? :) There are some dubious claims about cables carrying an analogue source, but HDMI is carrying a digital source so we're on  whole different level here. Are you quite, quite sure this makes a difference? :)
I have yet another question to add to my previous bombardment. :)   I've been recording some of my own PRIRs in rooms which have not been acoustically treated and are likely to be poor quality. What I've found is that the PRIRs sound EXTREMELY "tinny" and reverberant. Much more so than just listening to the speakers.   I've tried recording a PRIR outdoors albeit not in an open space - a wide area surrounded by brick walls. Again, tinny and reverberant, although not as...