Posts by John_M

I've found that changing the reverb value does improve a PRIR recorded in  bad room but it still does not become anywhere near as good as a PRIR recorded in a good room. If you're relying solely on a bad PRIR with tweaked reverb, you're seriously missing out IMHO.
Thanks for the replies. This isn't a complaint about the Realiser as I have no intention of using PRIRs recorded in "bad" rooms anyway - I just wanted to check there wasn't a problem with my microphones or something.   I think it should go down as a known "learning point" that people must only use PRIRs from a high quality listening environment. My high quality PRIR works fine. But the Realiser is extremely unforgiving on bad rooms and, in fact, makes them sound worse...
Glad to hear it's not just me. I have another PRIR taken in the listening room of a high end audio dealer, and it's fine - but it wasn't recorded on my own Realiser. Anywhere I myself have recorded a PRIR (in my non-acoustically treated flat) I've had the tinny reverb effect.
Hehe sorry.   Can someone please answer my question? I know I asked a lot but just focus on this one:   When creating a PRIR in a non acoustically treated room, do you find that you get an exaggerated, tinny reverb effect?   I'm about to book some expensive time in a high quality listening room and just want to check that I'm not doing anything wrong, and that there's nothing wrong with my equipment.
Come on now, really? :) There are some dubious claims about cables carrying an analogue source, but HDMI is carrying a digital source so we're on  whole different level here. Are you quite, quite sure this makes a difference? :)
I have yet another question to add to my previous bombardment. :)   I've been recording some of my own PRIRs in rooms which have not been acoustically treated and are likely to be poor quality. What I've found is that the PRIRs sound EXTREMELY "tinny" and reverberant. Much more so than just listening to the speakers.   I've tried recording a PRIR outdoors albeit not in an open space - a wide area surrounded by brick walls. Again, tinny and reverberant, although not as...
Can someone explain what some of the settings on speaker angles are doing? I don't find the manual too clear.   I'm using a PRIR recorded using the LBRB method in head-tracker mode. My questions:   1. When I press LOOK, the figure for C is -0 degrees, the figure for L is -24 degrees and the figure for R is +31 degrees. What exactly does this mean? That these are the angles I looked when the PRIR was being measured? (Even though I looked left and right three times -...
Some queries:   - Has anyone ever tried making a PRIR outdoors? If so, was it any good?   - I have speakers in a very reverberant room. PRIRs created in this room are horrible. Is there anything obvious I can do on a temporary basis to reduce reverb (e.g. temporarily hanging stuff on the wall?)   - Would there be any way of using measurements of the frequency response of IEMs to create HPEQ files for a particular IEM? Obviously it isn't possible to take microphone...
 This is helpful for my peace of mind. :) FYI, Mike told me recently that the 12s sweep was better than the 3s sweep on the basis that the signal-to-noise is better and that it's more accurate overall. Didn't want to pester the poor guy with annoying questions like 'but how much better is the 12s' - better to ask on this thread! 
Thinking outside the box - why not just lower the brightness to pitch black using the F1 key? (Assuming this works on an iMac - it works on a Macbook Pro).