or Connect

Posts by Happy Camper

Yes, love the gauges.
When I put mine together, I'd throw out a month and get the gang to narrow it down based on everybody's schedule. Trying to get everyone to be satisfied on one date is pretty hard so just make a poll with dates for that month. Seems best to go after summer break when all the college and high school crowd is settled in. Anyway, good luck and happy listening.
I believe 10 watt resistors in series off the amp would work. A better option would be to use the smaller resistors to attenuate the feed going into the amp.The tube amp issue is regarding the impedance matching for the output transformer of the tube amp. That went across the binding posts in parallel to the driver. It brings the impedance closer to the 8 ohms it expects to see.If the Theta doesn't have a volume control, consider an inline passive volume device. I used one...
Here I sit five years later for his latest show and he still has the spirit but his best is fading. His vocals are not the Paul we love. So goes life. As I sit here in judgment, he pulls out Blackbird. Sigh. He'll always be Paul.
The power supply determines the performance of an amp. I can't tell you what the particulars are to search for but the better amps are ones that put the investment in it's components and not in cabinets and meters. The First Watt amps are known for their speed and accuracy (and weight). The F1J would give all the bass and impact at low volumes. Other amps don't sound as good until you put more power into it. That's because the performance isn't linear from the first sound...
The Krell will smoke the Beta but won't play well with your LCDs. The Beta will do better with those. IMO
I was with Darryl and set up the audio store visit. The Schiit amp made the HE sound like IEMs. Constricted and two dimensional..
Mine too. That's why I went to the audio stores when trying out amps.
Tony, I am in full agreement sir. The modded 6 is a world beater. Those whose opinion I respect felt the modded 6 beat out the newer HEK. The only things he felt did better was the top end stats and the Abyss.
The I600. The presentation was not matched by anything I have heard. 3d with speaker performance.