or Connect

Posts by Happy Camper

No doubt but at $2k+, you can find a lot of speaker amps for less.
With rare exception, everybody giving trial to speaker amps have agreed. These hps act more like a speaker than a headphone.
The amps and DAC are on an isolation transformer. Came in from working outside, put them on to enjoy and nothing. I have stats but speakers.
The output transformer of a tube amp will get cooked. There are a few that are capable of handling the higher impedance of the HE-6 but I'd confirm with the vendor before trying without the impedance box.
First set I had my amps set on auto on and changed a set of cables and pop. Second set was inexperienced with a new DAC. The output was set to +24 db output. Third set was listening at normal levels and they just died. Factory took care of those. The last and current demise was an electrical storm. I am about ready to send these back but will have to redo all the mods. Oh well. This time, the phones will be disconnected when not listening. I've been with the HE-6 since...
This should make you feel better. I've blown 4 sets.
It has always been a standard answer to not use a transformer output amp without using the load matching resistor. The few amps I did try with an output transformer got very hot. If the ZDT works then that's an exception but Craig would know. Is the ZDT a transformerless output? It does use output transformers so this is a rare exception that will play the 6s.
Yes you will need the adapter box for that combo. I would also suggest that may not be powerful enough to run the 6s to their full potential.
Oh the 6s are very discerning to differences in DACs but that should be the last upgrade. Amps are so different that it's best to find the match for your tastes with the 6s before going down the DAC road. JMO DACs have less differences than amps.
Not the best or worst.