Posts by Happy Camper

Under 2k, the Hilo is a peer that is hard to match. Not just for the sound but the functionability. I run a headphone rig from a laptop, I feed the speaker system and my outside speaker system from a third and use the onboard headphone amp to monitor it all.
That's it.
http://www.ankaudiokits.com/he6headamp.html Anyone heard one of these?
Tony, Many of us use 100+ watt amps with the 6s.
If interested, in the body of the thread is a link to a good deal for Head Fi customers.
This is a good opportunity to remove any bias and just try each. Thing with pads are they need to be broken in to determine their impact. A new pad is not what you will live with. Just throwing that out there.
I pity and feel compassion for that journey. It brings torture and mental anguish.
This is what makes Hifiman headphones so much fun. You can also use speaker amps on them with cautious handling.
I don't use a dust cover either. The more open presentation is preferable to me. Just put a hand towel over them when not in use. But I've stayed at a Holiday Inn
If the receiver has a digital in, I'd use the receiver for both amp and DAC and spring for a used HE-6 and mod them. Give us your receiver model number.