Posts by Grodzman

Your voices have been heard. After getting your feedback I quickly changed the materials of the box from birch plywood with walnut veneer to MDF and a vinyl wood finish. I figured it will still look the part, be more rugged, and in turn less "exotic". It'll cost quite a bit less but still look quite nice.
 I really want to include a balanced cable but I think at the cost this one's out of the picture. You'll get a single ended-short (1.37m), a single-ended long (2.5m), and a 1/4" adapter. No microphones to speak of. Also, keep in mind that the "attach-rate" for balanced cables is less than 50%, so more than half of folks wouldn't end up using it if I put it in the box. However 70%+ will end up using the headphone stand. This is the annoying thing about product development -...
 Here's what we did - I wanted a press-fit 1/4" adapter to fit over the 3.5mm plug and I wanted it to be universal. So, the steps go like this from top to bottom: 1. 3.5mm plug (3.5mm OD) - minimum diameter2. First step (5.95mm OD) - this is Apple's spec for case manufacturers, this cable WILL fit into an average phone + case combo3. Second step (7.00mm OD) - this is the area that press fits inside the 1/4" adapter to create a smooth pressure fit4. Third step (7.65mm OD) -...
I think regardless of what we do there will be a big discussion about the sound, as there's no one-size-fits-all product for anybody. After we evaluated a slew of drivers (note, drivers, not headphones), we found the biocellulose Foster drivers to be amongst the best in a number of areas.   I definitely agree with some of the above comments - V-shaped, boomy headphones exist that use this exact same driver. Now, that being said, that isn't a very good indication of the...
Yes, Paul W. Klipsch made a modified headphone in 1919. It started as a Brandes Superior telegraph headphone, made in New York. Paul then tinkered with the drivers to make them sound good for listening to music while wiring them for balanced stereo with a pair of lamp cords and some 1/4 connectors. He also then worked on personally recording multiple orchestra's in stereo for demonstrating the original Klipschorn years later.
 I think the push-pull connector is honestly the best solution. 3.5mm is even better but the problem is they tend to either snap entirely (under force) or become loose over time and are easy to tug away from the headphone the moment you catch the wire with your hand. The weak point is always the divider between the rings. The solution to this is a screw-type 3.5mm, but then that completely negates the aftermarket segment (which is more than annoying). Stay tuned as we're...
 I love Head-Fi because most of these questions sort themselves out. :) To your point, yes, the flagship has two wires while the others will ideally have just one. Of course the wireless models and ANC models will require a single cable. I love the convenience of single-cable but the serviceability, robustness, and balanced operation basically drive the two-cable designs.
I like all the back and forth about the sound signature. To shed a little light I'm going to paint a bit of a picture for you - I really enjoy comparing the inherent differences and properties of a good two-channel listening setup and a pair of headphones. As a matter of fact, that's one test I tend to do with all competitive headphones at home, in front of my RF-82 II system. Of course we have the tools to do the actual measurements in the office (and we measure...
I'll try to answer a number of questions after saying a big thank you from the Klipsch crew. We're all scribbling down ideas and it looks like the Head-Fi community is pretty much on point with the necessary accessories, the key issues of contention, and the aesthetic.   - The LEMO connectors used in the prototypes will not be used in production. Like you said, they're so expensive I would feel dishonest in passing that cost on to the consumer at a retail mark-up. There...
 If I have the choice of being able to drive this HP-3 with a portable device (basically anything running off a 3.7V lithium battery) or driving them with OTL amps, we would likely choose portable devices over the latter. However, there's no reason why one headphone can't do both in most cases. If Andrew and I find a nice benefit to high-impedance models like Beyerdynamic has, then there's no reason why we wouldn't do an alternate version.