Posts by Packgrog

This actually made me laugh out loud. :) I use the Denon AH-D2000 at the office, but there's 3 big problems for the OP: 1) They're discontinued (what a damn shame),2) They're probably way out of your price range,3) They bleed a fair amount of sound, to the point of just barely qualifying as "closed".
Other things to consider, since I'm in the same boat (2nd-hand base model DAC1 and computer audio):   First off, the DAC1 USB only does 24/96 via USB input. The DAC2 does 24/192 with asynchronous USB, but that's a hell of a lot more than just a $200 difference. I'm currently using an iBasso D7 as a transport, with a Blue Jeans Audio RCA to BNC cable, and this works relatively well. Upgrading the USB cable may or may not improve matters further, and I'm still wondering if...
Anyone know how one of these compares to the iBasso D7 when used purely as a USB to SPDIF transport for an external DAC? I'm using a D7 to feed my Benchmark DAC1 to surprisingly pleasant result, but I'm wondering if the HiFace 2 would provide better results or not.
Ah, nuts. Been gone from this site for ages, only to find out that there was a local meet LAST WEEK. *weeps*
I'm very curious to see how these would compare with the Etymotics and Future Sonics earphones that I've owned...
I picked up one of these used from a fellow Head-Fier to replace my aging iBasso D1 with HiFlight TopKit. At first I wasn't overly impressed. Flabby bass, unimpressive depth, twitchy implementation that didn't allow for 16/44 playback through Foobar2000/WASAPI/Windows 7/Parallels/MacBook Pro.   Then I crossed the 200 hour mark (and turned on SoX upsampling to 192kHz in Foobar) and things started to improve dramatically. I'm kind of amazed by the sound now. I find it...
Your headphones tell a lot about your priorities.   Do you have the most expensive equipment available? That certainly says that you have a lot of money to spend, but doesn't necessarily mean that sound quality is of greatest importance.   Do you have mid-grade gear with a lot of tweaks, not all of which are necessarily pretty? You're probably determined to get the most out of your gear within a target budget.   Do you have a lot of different kinds of gear?...
If you haven't already made a choice, the Atrio X is probably not the best choice if you want clarity in the highs. They're monsters for low-end, but the highs are rolled off. It's a brand trait.
OK, since no one seems to have stated this yet: The Atrio X IS The Xtreme Mac FS1. Even the symbol on the earpieces is the same (the little X-shaped man).   I snagged a pair because my Atrio m5 version 2 set that I've used for five or six years is shorting out in the left earpiece. I thought initially that the Atrio X was just a repackaged version of the Atrio version 2, but no, it's the repackaged FS1. The FS1/Atrio X driver is noticeably inferior to the Atrio m5...
Dunno about the stock software, but last I looked, Rockbox converted everything to 16/44 before it went to the DAC.