or Connect

Posts by Balisarda

This may not be news to anyone, but I've been quite struck by it lately. I recently switched from the Sennheiser HD 650 to the Etymotic ER-4S. (I'm in heaven, but that's a story for another thread in another forum.) Since making the switch, I've gone back to my two headphone amps and done some extensive listening. To my surprise, not only are my tube preferences different, but so are my tube impressions! Examples are in order, based on music from my CD1 into my...
Am I so out of touch with popular culture? I thought "make out" means to kiss and "hook up" means to have sex. I didn't think they're equivalents.
Donald purchased from me a Meier Corda HA-2 MkII SE headphone amplifier. He communicated clearly, quickly, and constructively. He was very pleasant to deal with. He paid promptly. And he let me know when he received the product. I was absolutely pleased with our transaction and would do business with Donald again any day.
Bump. Price drop.
Bump.
Bump.
I don't consider the ER-4S 'analytical' at all! 'Analytical' implies frigidity. The ER-4S certainly very accurate, with a well balanced reproduction of the audio spectrum and great detail throughout. But the ER-4S is also emotionally very stirring. For me, only the AKG K701 has come close in this regard. I guess a balanced frequency reproduction and the conveying of fine detail move me emotionally. By the way, I run the ER-4S directly from my laptop and have no...
I sold Mel a pair of NOS Tung-Sol 6SN7 tubes, and I couldn't have dealt with a nicer guy! Very communicative, and he paid immediately. He let me know when he'd received the tubes and how they tested. This is a man you can trust and will enjoy dealing with!
Bump.
Bump.