Posts by Balisarda

Available for purchase is a Luxman P-1u headphone amplifier in excellent condition. Included in the purchase are the original box, manual, and cord.   Price includes insured UPS Ground shipping within the 48 contiguous states. Other shipping methods or locations, additional charge.   My feedback is still mostly on the old thread system, linked in my signature below.   Thank you, Eric.
Deleted.
For sale is one pair Sennheiser HD 800 headphones. Functionally, these are as-new; cosmetically, they are excellent, with one small blemish from normal wear as shown in the second photo.   Insured UPS Ground shipping is included to anywhere within the contiguous 48 United States.   Please note that most of my feedback is still on the old page system, linked in my signature.   Thank you, Eric
For sale is one set beyerdynamic DT 880 600-Ohm MANUFAKTUR headphones. Costmetically and functionally the headphones are as-new.   I purchased them directly from the German website, and they feature a metallic finish on the cups unavailable through the U.S. website. The headband is genuine leather. The tabs are engraved "MANUFAKTUR 600-Ohm".   Insured UPS Ground shipping is free to anywhere within the 48 contiguous United States.   Thank you, Eric
Available for purchase is a Luxman P-1u Headphone Amplifier (North America/110V version) in as-new condition (owned about a year).   Included are the factory power cable, the original box, and all original paperwork. I'll also throw in Blue Jeans Cable RCA and XLR interconnect cables.   Price includes insured UPS Ground shipping within the 48 contiguous states. Other shipping methods or locations, additional charge.   Please note, my feedback is still mostly...
“Neutral” is a word audiophiles throw around a lot, but one that’s hard to measure. One measure of neutrality might be reproducing audible pitches with equal loudness. I was curious whether my headphones—or, rather, my headphones and my hearing—were doing this. I played a tone sweep and heard noticeable differences in loudness at different pitches.   Curious how my headphones would sound equalized toward equal loudness at audible pitches, I downloaded NCH Tone...
Available for sale is one pair of black leather ear pads for beyerdynamic DT 770, DT 880, DT 990, or Tesla T1 headphones. I am the original owner of these pads, and they are in as-new condition. The sale includes the silky black storage bag.   Price is $65 OBO and includes ground/non-priority shipping anywhere in the 48 contiguous United States. International shipping is additional at cost.   I've been asked which version these pads are. I don't know, but I...
It is gone, it is gone.
This cable is gone.   Thanks, Eric.
Count me among those who have found the treble of the HD 800 too pronounced, but I wonder if this is a partial solution: I read somewhere that the HD 800 angles its drivers 15 degrees off parallel from the ears, to present sound as coming more from the front than from the sides--more like loudspeakers than traditional headphones. This makes sense as long as one measures the 15-degree offset on a vertical axis relative to the ears, but moving the headband forward or...