Posts by schalliol

I haven't heard the Headamp GS-X MKII, but I sure agree the BUDA with DPS is great.  I really enjoy having the UDAC paired with it running balanced to my HD 800.  Great quality and design.  I know the DAC isn't quite as competitive as it used to be without handling DSD, etc., but otherwise, I really enjoy it under 24/192 which are the best quality tracks I have.
I own and use the HD 800.  I haven't heard the HD 700.  I will say that the HD 800 is my favorite headphone I've ever heard on both sonic and comfort dimensions, and IMHO it blows away the T5p.  I also find the T5p to be the best closed headphone I've heard also on sonic and comfort dimensions (I haven't heard the XC).  A closed headphone has less air to work with, and I don't think it's possible to make a closed headphone to sound like a high-end open headphone.   I...
Wow, I upgraded to the T5p from Alpha Dogs, and I have to say the T5p is WAY more comfortable than the Alpha Dogs IMHO.  The Alpha Dogs have big pads for sure, but it's like wearing old skool ear protection as huge as it is.  I perceive the Alphas as way heavier as well, which they may or may not be.
That's quite sad. I know the reviews are personal, but I wonder if there's a way to keep the database alive. I suppose because it is subjective there isn't a way to do this reasonably. Thanks for the note.
Huh? Could you please be more specific before screaming (6 exclamation points, really?) at people who are being polite? Perhaps we missed something in this very very long thread, but at least in my case I searched the thread for the headphones I was requesting and I didn't see why they shouldn't be included. The T5p is tied with the T1 as a Beyerdynamic flagship and I'm just offering mine for a test.
I really like my CEntrance HiFi-M8 to amp my T5p.  It works well with it and my HD 800.  It should go without saying it has more than enough power for the T5p.  When I get my modded headphones back (took the opportunity to put HD 800 connectors on there since my jack broke after 4 weeks with these headphones as new) I'll use XLR 4.  I like the selectability of that amp to do a bit of EQ, but I usually just leave it flat.  The battery is great and matches well to my use...
I'd be interested to see the T5p reviewed here.  It's a match to the T1 and is tied in their minds to the T1 as a flagship.  I have to say that I prefer it to the Alpha Dog and every other closed headphone I've tried.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think a closed headphone can do what an open one can, but when you need closed, you need closed.  I have a T5p that was just modified to HD 800 connectors I could send for reviews if necessary.
Good info.  I'll have to try mine out.  Yes, I think at those levels many could have permanent damage in just 15 minutes.  I'm glad there's a good setup that works for you!
Older post from JoonBug, but I guess I find with my HD 800 balanced that I can run it on the low gain setting just fine.  I suppose I use the middle position most of the time, but I'd be really low on the dial in that case.  Can you measure the SPL from the cans to see what you get?
Brian hooked me up, thanks!! I'm going to do HD 800 sockets so I can swap my cables. This makes it a bunch more expensive because the connectors aren't cheap. I should have it back in a couple of weeks.