Posts by schalliol

I'm really enjoying my HiFi-M8 XL4 but I'm finding it's bulky using the power adapter for a mobile product.  I use it when I'm working in an open office layout in which I'd prefer not to just deplete the battery.   Does anyone use an ultra short IEC (that's the power supply's input connector) cable that could plug directly into an outlet?   I was thinking of trying a product like this: Bulky, sure, but it could be nice.  A right angle version of that could be super...
Oh, ha.  Well, do tell in that case!   I'd be happy with non-socketed, but since I have two HD 800 cables, I'd sure be fine with having the HD 800 connectors on the headphones!
Yeah, requires me to put the time (and skill) into it.  Would love it if someone would do it for me hehe.
+1 After a couple weeks with the T5p, I'm quite impressed.  The comfort is fantastic, and I much prefer them over the Alpha Dogs I had.  I drive them with a Centrance HiFi-M8 with low and high res tracks, and think they're great to go.  I wouldn't exactly call them portable, even though Beyerdynamic does, but I like them when I use the open office environment we just opened up at work.  Hands down I prefer my balanced HD 800s, but it's not exactly a fair fight.  Doing it...
Fair point. The other songs are growing on me though. I really like the last track too, which is quite long. I have the other 24 bit albums from HDT too, and they're good. I don't know if recharged is new, but I just discovered it.
Sounds worth doing, but I confess I haven't done soldering in a very long time and doubt I'd be good enough at doing it.  How would you know which conductor is which?
Hi everyone, I just ordered a T5p and wondered the varying choices for trying balanced.  I have a HeadRoom amp with dual 3 pin but I have a nice dual 3 to 4-pin adapter as well as a Centrance HiFi-M8 with 4-pin, so I'm looking to see if I can go to that.  I saw Theogenes has a newly balanced pair and am sending a PM to ask for pics.  All in all, I don't see many of balanced/XLR discussions in the thread, so I suppose most don't go with that.   Thanks!
Sold
I've enjoyed them, and they do a great job of isolating the sound.  They do a better job than my HD 800s with bass, and they're just right in that department.  I bought them for an open office environment, and I just found that I'll be happy to tote around my HD 800s (probably to their destruction!), so I'll give them up.  They have a 4 PIN balanced XLR cable from Mr. Speakers, and come with a hard case from Slappa, as well as a velvet Mr. Speakers bag.   They have very...
Enjoying that 24/96 Linkin Park album.   Unfortunately the metadata in your ALAC files show incorrect data.  I emailed your HD Tracks support to this effect, but I got a canned reply that says bit rates vary.  For example, a 24/88KHz from Time for Three that is 76 MB.  The bit rate shown in the HD Tracks metadata says it’s a whopping 64,366,000 bits per second.  Since the track is only 4:08 long, I think that means at the bit rate shown, it would be about 16 Gigabytes!...