Posts by miscreant

the cans you own. line them up and add the price as if you were the maker...
the drivers are ok i am sure. the noise comes when low frequencies played with high volume. ("ssshhhh") i think it is the thin cloth that covers the bottom of the bowel. my sorry english.. how did you get rid of the noise? i am afraid to cut the cloth. would leave no protection against hair and dust and such. typo: oops. not 980... but 890
thanks a bunch ppl
where could one find a shop that sells grados 225s in NY? a friend is going to visit NY for a short time so i should give addresses/directions. that could be a one and only chance to aquire those cans(new) for reasonable price for a long long time.. thank you.
heck. i'll take the 225. thanks for that little push dkjohnso. (i always hate it when they read music like a morning newspaper).
i have an impression that grados have some serious limitations, that for some style or type of music they do not do very well. just wanted to know what would one miss when buying grados. so far in reviews i have seen some hints like it is not good for very complex recordings, not good for jazz, not good for orchestral music etc and lot of contradictions like very good for jazz. and orchestral music. poor bass. good bass. good detail. bad detail. no soundstage. pretty ok...
Quote: Originally Posted by upangel180 Since we will not be the ones using your headphones, perhaps you could answer a couple of your questions to help us to know what exactly YOU are looking for? i want everything. but thats not possible. anyway the most helpful reviews (imho) have been those which reveal the musical taste and habbits of the reviewer. to claim that one can has an absolute extraordinary level of detail doesn't meant that much,...
i am about to buy 1 of them but head-fi's forums have confused my simple mind. i need your help to make the selection easier. (thats a big of money for me) 1) which one do you prefer - give % if you use them both (no comparisons) 2) your favorite type/style of music a)acoustic / electronic b)open time, layd back, chill / rhytm oriented c)simple / complex(+10 instruments) d)instrumental / +vocal 3)time spent with the...
I had a little money left over in my pockets from some purchases (shoes & trousers). Also some time to wander around the mall. So i stepped into the electronics store and just looked around to see whats a big screen lcds are like...(samsungs enormous). a short glimpse to the wall draw my attention with some new inventions on the field of the wireless headphones. As the school was just starting I imagined how cool I would look with those sci-fi'ish phones with no...