Posts by miscreant

Quote: Originally Posted by teishu Does anyone go to gigs on there own ? I think i'd feel really uncomfortable going on my own. :S J if the music is good then there is no problem.
oh
Quote: Originally Posted by bcpk I'm not quite sure what you mean by non-isolating, These are needed for vocalist in a punk-rock concert. Too much isolation is very annoying in that situation.
Non-isolating iems for less than 200$ with the best midrange and secure fit? (needs to stay in ear when jumping around) thanks!
I made a few pads for 325i to test some angles. the cool thing was that angling "backwards" the opposite of normal (can't describe well.. bad english) makes them more revealing and more easily listenable - for example: listening to a familiar album(i think it was goldfrapp) it occurred that the singer had cold or something. the "m"-s and "n"-s were spelled like she had nasal congestion. That little detail just appeared while listening to other instruments instead. Such...
most of the reviews are based on pieces of music that are not played, recorded, edited and mastered by one and only person. that makes them as subjective as an opinion can be. only visual arts criticism can beat that. i was wondering. perhaps it could be smart thing to collect short audio samples (all instrument types, room effects, complexity examples etc.) from well recorded material so these could cover all the characteristics. upload it somewhere and the "hp a vs....
Quote: Originally Posted by Shike Was this aimed at me? I was referring to the Japanese site . . . no. i meant that there are more graphs than eq graphs. who buys headphones looking at graphs anyway?
Learning Center - About Headphone Measurements | HeadRoom Audio
Hi. I would like to make my last buy... and never return 500$ for open dynamic hps (used) bass something like rs2, sweet like honey high bass - cello or smthing and mids -vocal range - should be like um... make that "touch the sound"-like feeling. (is it just me or really too few hp's can actually do that?) highs (cymbals and such) like 325i probably no grados - some soundstage would be nice. And not the "first row" feeling. The 7nth row perhaps. I don't want to...
Stan Ridgway Band - Call Of The Northwest 8.0 Nice thread.. but the most awful album I've ever heard was the Gregorian doing Beatles or something. 10 points for them but no other albums can do that. The grades here are too good. 1 should mean OK and 10 the best ever. With these grades varying from 7-10 mostly, I don't feel inspired for looking them up.